One World Festival in Brighton is committed to refunding tickets

A COUPLE who were hoping to attend a festival have slammed organizers after it was canceled due to a lack of toilets.

But six weeks later, many people are still waiting for their refunds from One World Festival, with organizers citing a problem with its payment company.

It was originally scheduled for 4th & 5th June at Stanmer Park, Brighton and has been moved to ‘either the 20th/21st’. or 27./28. August” postponed after not being able to procure enough toilets.

However, in mid-June it was pushed back to next year after they were unable to commit to the new dates due to supply issues.

The Argus: The festival said it was having trouble sourcing toiletsThe festival said it was having trouble sourcing toilets

Ticket holders were devastated to learn of the cancellation as many had made special arrangements to attend, with one person saying on social media they were from Australia for the event.

But tempers ran further as the festival hesitated on refunds, initially giving back 70 per cent of ticket costs, with the remaining 30 per cent as a voucher for next year’s weekend.

Morgana Dill and her boyfriend, who bought tickets to the festival, said they were disappointed with the response they received from One World.

“I understand that things like this happen. It’s understandable,” said Morgana, who lives in Bevendean.

“This is how they responded to the emails when people asked for refunds.

“They dismissed the fact that people were paying money to support them. People will get angry about that.”

The festival sold 75 percent of its tickets before deciding to cancel, drawing widespread criticism from people hoping to enjoy a weekend of jazz, reggae and hip-hop.

The Argus: Stanmer ParkStanmer Park

One World said in an email to ticket holders: “When we originally booked the dates with the council we didn’t know it was the anniversary weekend and we would be competing against thousands of new events that there weren’t enough toilets for the UK.

“When this supplier informed us that they had enough toilets, we immediately paid a 100 percent full fee.

“We were so disappointed when that happened. We tried to reschedule the date but it was an uphill battle we couldn’t overcome.”

The festival’s social media pages have since been plagued by bad reviews, with many people vowing never to attend.

Morgana said she would “probably not” go to next year’s festival.

“It doesn’t seem to have been that well organized,” she said.

“It makes people think something’s going on.”

In response to the last-minute cancellation and refund chaos, One World press secretary Matt Richardson said around 80 percent of those who requested a refund have now received one.

The Argus: The festival has been cancelledThe festival has been cancelled

“The problem we ran into was that Stripe – which processed the payments through Ticket Tailor, one of the ticketing platforms we used – would only release the ticket revenue after the event and move the money that is still in their account.

“We’ve been communicating with Stripe for almost six weeks to understand how we can refund customers even when the money wasn’t in our account and through their dashboard.

“Unfortunately we have to do this individually as a large number of customers have opted to keep their tickets or receive a partial refund with a voucher for the 2023 event.”

Mr Richardson said everyone who has requested a full refund will receive one and he hopes this will be completed by the first week of August.

Stripe declined to comment on the individual case, but said it’s not uncommon for them to withhold funds until an event has occurred, especially if it’s a one-off case.

“We take our duty of consumer protection very seriously,” said a spokeswoman.

“When a business poses an increased risk to their end customers, we apply reserves to their Stripe account to ensure funds are available to cover future refunds to those customers.

“These kinds of reserves do not affect a company’s ability to repay its customers.”

Stripe advises customers to contact their bank if an event is canceled or organizers refuse to issue a refund.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20587554.brightons-one-world-festival-pledges-refund-tickets/?ref=rss One World Festival in Brighton is committed to refunding tickets

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button