Prince Andrew “never got over” being second in the line of succession, an adviser claims

Prince Andrew is reportedly looking to return to public life, despite not taking part in the Garter Day public procession yesterday – and an aide has revealed why

Video is loading

Video not available

Prince Andrew: “Too early” for public appearances, says Tominey

Prince Andrew has “never gotten over” the fact that he was once second in the line of succession, an aide claimed, amid his ban from certain royal events.

The Duke of York stepped down from royal duties earlier this year following a sex scandal.

He denied the allegations against him and later settled out of court with his accuser. The settlement is not an admission of guilt.

He was forced to stay out of sight during Monday’s procession to the Garter after a “family decision” was made to limit his appearance to a backstage luncheon and investiture ceremony.







Prince Andrew with his mother, the Queen
(

Picture:

(Getty Images)

As Prince Charles, Prince William and other senior royals walked through the grounds of Windsor Castle for a service commemorating the Order of the Garter, Andrew remained behind closed doors.

Meanwhile, a report over the weekend claimed that Andrew feels his HRH status is important and is keen for his recognition as “Prince of Blood” to be returned to attend official events with members of the royal family.







Prince Andrew pictured driving to Windsor Castle on Monday
(

Picture:

Jonathan Buckmaster)

do you love the royals Sign up for Mirror’s daily newsletter for the latest news on the Queen, Charles, Kate, Wills, Meghan, Harry and the rest of The Firm. Click here to login.

When Andrew was born he was second in line to the throne behind his older brother Charles, but over time he has slipped to ninth place.

And a helper told that The Daily Mail Richard Kay: “The problem with Andrew is that he never got over being second in line at one point. And now he’s not.”







Andrew was once second in line of succession
(

Picture:

REUTERS)

Meanwhile, another royal expert has claimed Andrew was “dejected and confused” at being banned from Garter Day because he thought he had been given the green light to attend

Finding Freedom author Omid Scobie also said the royals’ “reluctance to remove Prince Andrew entirely” was damaging and “casts a terrible light on the family”.

He claimed in his Yahoo News Column that the Duke of York was “dejected… (and) a little confused”.

He said the way Andrew was allowed to walk with the Queen at Prince Philip’s memorial service, as well as attending some of the anniversary events, shows the reluctance of the royals to cut him off entirely.

Mr Scobie said: “Every chance Prince Andrew is given to try to redeem his image is one step closer to further damage and disgrace to the institution of the monarchy. It’s a catastrophe waiting to happen.”

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-never-over-been-27237615 Prince Andrew "never got over" being second in the line of succession, an adviser claims

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button