News

Prince Andrew ‘prevented from returning to royal duties as lobby queen by Charles and William’

The Duke of York reportedly used recent talks about his future to ask the Queen to return his HRH status after it was stripped from him in the wake of the Virginia Giuffre scandal

Prince Andrew's royal return has reportedly been blocked
Prince Andrew’s royal return has reportedly been blocked

Prince Charles and Prince William have reportedly pleaded with the Queen to prevent Prince Andrew from appearing publicly during the Order of the Garter ceremony on Monday.

The Duke of York was due to attend the event today as a member of the Order.

But the Queen has apparently told him to stay out of sight “for his own good” after Charles and William raised fears of a public backlash.

As a result, the 62-year-old Duke is likely to only attend private aspects of the Windsor ceremony.

The Duke of York was reportedly hoping to use an appearance with the royal family as the first step in returning to public life.







Charles and William reportedly told the Queen they were concerned about a public backlash if Andrew returned to his royal duties
(

Picture:

(Getty Images)

A source tells The sun : “He was confident and optimistic that he could make a comeback.”

Prince Andrew stepped down from royal duties earlier this year following a sex scandal.

He denied the allegations against him and later settled out of court with his accuser. The settlement is not an admission of guilt.

In January, ahead of his court settlement in the case, the Queen stripped Andrew of his honorary military posts, including colonel in the Grenadier Guards, and he gave up his HRH style.

On Sunday, the Telegraph quoted an unnamed source as saying: “Colonel in the Grenadier Guards was his most coveted title and he wants it back. Having remained Councilor of State, he also believes he should be present at royal and state events.

“Most important to him is his status as HRH and Prince of the Blood, and he believes it should be restored and his position recognized and respected.”

The Order of the Garter ceremony has not been held since 2019 due to Covid and Andrew remains a Knight of the Order despite having stepped down from royal duties.

Andrew’s older brother Prince Charles and Prince William reportedly agreed that the Duke of York should miss the public-facing elements of the event yesterday amid fears of tarnishing the royals’ reputation after a successful anniversary weekend.

The Queen is said to have made the final decision on the matter.

A source said: “It was a decision by the household in the best interests of the family but also in the best interests of the Duke of York.”

Members of the public will be in attendance to watch royals head to the service, during which Camilla will become a member of the Order of Chivalry.







The Duke is believed to be keen on returning to the Grenadier Guards
(

Picture:

PA)

However, Prince Andrew will only attend the private elements of the ceremony after missing the platinum jubilee celebrations after contracting Covid.

The development comes as Prince Andrew “wants to reinstate his HRH status and recognize and respect his position”.

The ailing king reportedly wants to appear at official events alongside other members of the royal family.

He is also said to have asked for daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie to be given responsibilities as working royals.







Charles and William discussed the matter with the Queen
(

Picture:

(Getty Images)

It comes after the Queen had “secret talks with her second son and senior royals” to discuss his future.

The ceremony was set to be Prince Andrew’s first public appearance since he accompanied the Queen to a thanksgiving service for Prince Philip on March 29.

The Mirror has reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-blocked-return-royal-27214551 Prince Andrew 'prevented from returning to royal duties as lobby queen by Charles and William'

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button