Prince Harry launches legal action against UK claiming it’s ‘unsafe’ for his family to return without police bodyguards

CAUSE Harry has launched legal action against the Government over his decision to expel police bodyguards – arguing it is unsafe for his family to return to the UK without them.

The Sussexes were stripped of round-the-clock protection when they abandoned their royal duties two years ago.

Harry and Meghan have stated that it is not safe to return to the UK without a police bodyguard

4

Harry and Meghan have stated that it is not safe to return to the UK without a police bodyguardCredit: Getty
The Royal and VIP Executive Committee handles the list of important public and royal figures

4

The Royal and VIP Executive Committee handles the list of important public and royal figuresCredit: AP
He offered to cover the costs himself

4

He offered to cover the costs himselfCredit: Getty

Now Harry wants to bring his son Archie and daughter Lilibet back from the US, but he and his family “cannot return home” because it is too dangerous, a legal representative said.

A legal representative for the duke said: “Prince Harry inherits security risks at birth, for life.

“He is still sixth in line to the throne, has served twice on combat duty in Afghanistan, and in recent years his family has faced neoliberal threats. Fascists and extremists are well documented.

“While his role in the organization has changed, his record as a member of the royal family has not. Nor has there been any threat to him or his family. that.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally sponsor a separate security team for their family, but that security cannot replicate the protections required by police while in the UK. Home.”

A special police force, the Royal Executive Committee and VIPs, handles lists of essential public and royal figures who are largely state-funded for round-the-clock protection.

A source told Mail on Sunday: “In a nutshell, Harry’s argument is: ‘You broke the law.’

“He feels his decision to remove security was a mistake. Harry’s lawyers sent it to the Home Office a few months ago. This is essentially the premise for a judicial review.”

If the case continues, it will lead to a fight at the Supreme Court between ministers and Prince Harry.

The Queen is understood to have learned of her nephew’s actions, which is believed to be the first time a member of the Royal Family has brought a lawsuit against Her Majesty’s Government.

‘SECURITY IS DEPRECATED’

Harry’s legal representative continued: “The Duke first offered to pay for himself and for the UK police to protect himself and his family in January 2020 in Sandringham. That offer was rejected. He is still willing to pay the cost of security, for not imposing the British Taxpayer.

“As is widely known, others who have left public office and are at inherent risk of intimidation will receive free police protection. His children may know the homeland. his.

“During his last visit to the UK in July 2021 – to inaugurate a statue in memory of his late mother – his security was compromised due to the absence of police. protection, while leaving a charity event.

“After another attempt to negotiate was also rejected, he requested a judicial review in September 2021 to challenge the decision-making behind the security procedures, in the hope that this This may be reevaluated to ensure clear and necessary protection.”

Harry and Meghan required 24/7 security – all covered by the British – when they first saw a move abroad.

In one unusual statement announced that they would be leaving the Royal Family and moving to Canada, the couple said they expect taxpayers to continue to fund their royal guards as “protected persons”. international”.

The six-man security team provided by Scotland Yard previously cost around £600,000 a year.

But the cost would increase to many times that figure if British police were forced to provide services abroad.

There is no hard and fast rule by which royals are given confidential details.

Until 2011, Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice received protection at a reported cost of £500,000 a year.

Since then they have provided for themselves, and both the princess and their husband earn their own income.

Harry and Meghan have been stripped of round-the-clock protection as they step back from royal duties

4

Harry and Meghan have been stripped of round-the-clock protection as they step back from royal dutiesCredit: AFP
Prince Charles refused to answer questions about Andrew while visiting Aberdeenshire

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/8213002/prince-harry-launches-legal-action-police-bodyguards/ Prince Harry launches legal action against UK claiming it’s ‘unsafe’ for his family to return without police bodyguards

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button