Harry refused to say if he would be returning to Britain to celebrate the Queen’s 70th year on the throne, instead taking the opportunity to open up about his dispute with the British government over his safety
Video not available
Prince Harry opens up about missing his family in a new TV interview while managing to snub the Queen and royal family a total of five times.
The Duke of Sussex, 37, spoke with US journalist Hoda Kotb of NBC News’ Today morning show during the Invictus Games.
He spoke about his “special relationship” with his grandmother and revealed that he missed his family.
However, he also managed to turn down the monarch and his family in the interview, refusing to say if he would be returning to Britain to celebrate the Queen’s 70th anniversary on the throne, instead taking the opportunity to to note his dispute with the British government his safety.
When asked if he would be returning to the UK for the Platinum Jubilee, Harry said he “didn’t know”.
“There’s a lot of issues with security and everything else,” he added.
The interview comes after sources claimed Meghan and Harry could be invited to join the royal family on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in June.
The June 2 invitation will also include family events such as a thanksgiving service at St. Paul’s Cathedral during the anniversary.
Prince Harry told US journalist Hoda faeces that Lilibet has yet to meet the Queen – despite having been to the UK twice since she was born – and gave Her Majesty a second snub by clarifying that he didn’t know if she would be meeting her namesake anytime soon.
The Duke’s first visit after the birth of his daughter was in July 2021 to unveil a statue of Princess Diana. He also returned to the UK just last week to visit the Queen with Meghan – their first visit together since they left the royal family.
While he said he is trying “to do everything possible to ensure my children can meet them”, there is uncertainty over the family’s return to the UK for the anniversary.
POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
Harry went on to commend his neighbors in the Montecito area of Santa Barbara, California, for welcoming his family.
In what royal pundits have described as the third snub from Harry’s family, he made it clear he no longer considers Britain his home.
The king said: “Home for me now is in the States for now and it feels that way too.”
Harry went on to speak about his “special relationship” with the monarch. He is said to have dealt another blow to the rest of his family by implying that the Queen’s relationship with him and Meghan was more open than her relationship with other family members.
POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
Describing his experience drinking tea with his grandma and Meghan, he claimed he made them “laugh” during the visit.
Harry went on to claim she was able to open up to him, which gave her “peace,” saying the pair had a “really special relationship.”
“We talk about things that she can’t talk to anyone else about, so that’s always a nice peace for her,” he said.
In a final snub to the royals, the duke said he wanted “the right people” around his grandmother.
“It was great to be with her. It was just so nice to see her. You know, she’s in great shape,” he said.
“She always has a great sense of humor for me and I just make sure she’s protected and has the right people around.”
The remark was branded by royal experts as a “gross insult” showing his “arrogance”.
Author Robert Jobson added: “Prince Harry says on US television that he makes sure the Queen is ‘protected and has the right people around’. How so?
“I think you will find that Prince Charles and Her Majesty’s children and William are doing just that and supporting the Queen with deeds – and not just words.”
While colleague Angela Levin said: “His comment on US television is a gross insult to the entire Royal Family, the Royal Doctors and all those around HM. His arrogance knows no bounds.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-snubs-queen-royal-26759008 Prince Harry snubs the Queen and royal family five times in explosive new interview