Boris Johnson faced a humiliating relegation this week after MPs backed a formal inquiry into whether he lied to Parliament about the Partygate scandal.
- SEE MORE Boris Johnson’s ‘clear the air’ showdown with MPs
- SEE MORE Can Ukraine beat Russia in battle for Donbass?
- SEE MORE How a Tory revolt forced Boris Johnson into a Partygate U-turn
The government had attempted to delay a vote on the proposed investigation until after the full release of a report by senior official Sue Gray. But the prime minister was forced into a last-minute revolt after a revolt by junior ministers.
To find out how closely you’ve been following the latest developments in the news and other global events, put your knowledge to the test with our quiz of the week
Need a reminder of some of the other headlines from the last seven days?
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy warned that “a significant part of the entire Russian army” was leading a new attack on his country’s eastern front as Moscow “launched the attack Battle for the Donbass“.
- Islamic State (IS) supporters have been urged to avenge their leader’s recent death through a new “global offensive” against Europe and Israel.
- Strict lockdown measures in China’s economic hubs threatened shipments of iPhones and other Apple products.
- A Spanish healthcare worker is said to have contracted Covid twice in 20 days shortest known gap between registered infections.
- Royal sources claimed so Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were invited to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
https://www.theweek.co.uk/quiz-of-the-week/956506/quiz-of-the-week-20-april Quiz of the week: April 16-22