Quiz of the week: April 4th – April 8th
Calls for Vladimir Putin to face criminal charges over the invasion of Ukraine grew louder this week as graphic images of murdered civilians shocked the world.
- SEE MORE Will Vladimir Putin be tried for Russian atrocities in Ukraine?
- SEE MORE Who are the Ukrainian “traitors” leaking secrets to Russia?
- SEE MORE Did Russia Commit War Crimes in Ukraine?
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy warned about the discovery of the bodies of an estimated 410 civilians in former Russian-held areas around Kyiv Russia committed “genocide”. Days later, the Ukrainian leader described scenes of death and destruction in the city, or Borodyanka, as even “terrifying” than the atrocities uncovered in Bucha last weekend.
Western powers have responded by tightening sanctions on high-profile Russians, including Putin’s children. But the Russian president has fought back the financial freeze by demanding international buyers of Russian gas supplies need to make purchases in rubles.
To find out how closely you’ve been following the latest developments in the news and other global events, put your knowledge to the test with our quiz of the week:
Need a reminder of some of the other headlines from the last seven days?
- A new documentary revealed the extent Jimmy Savile’s abuse of young victims during his career.
- All in all 26 cabinet members resigned by the Sri Lankan government, leaving only President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and his brother Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa to oversee the country’s deepening economic crisis.
- A leak revealed the former head of the UK government’s ethics department one in 20 officers fined for breaking lockdown rules in 2020.
- The confirmation that Channel 4 is to be privatized sparked fresh speculation about it who buys the transmitter.
- Twitter revealed a planned new one Edit buttonjust days after Elon Musk became the social media giant’s new largest shareholder.
Want a weekly dose of quirky news that will make you smile? Sign up for the week Tall Tales newsletterdelivered to your inbox every Wednesday.
https://www.theweek.co.uk/quiz-of-the-week/956373/quiz-of-the-week-6-april Quiz of the week: April 4th – April 8th