SINCE the first game hit store shelves in 2002Rachet & Clank has become one of the most popular franchises in gaming.
But what games have been released so far and when did they come out?
Ratchet & Clank games release order
A further eleven console R&C games have appeared since the debut title in the early noughties.
The console games were all developed by Insomnia Games.
Two spin-off games were developed for the PSP by High Impact Games, both games were ported to the PS2.
There are also two mobile games: Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile (2005) and Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus (2013), developed by Handheld Games and Darkside Game Studios, respectively.
There was also an R&C animated film released in 2016.
Here are all the console games in the series by release order:
- Ratchet & Clank (2002) – PS2
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (2003) – PS2
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (2004) – PS2
- Ratchet: Deadlocked (2005) – PS2
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (2007) – PS3
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (2008) – PS3
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Leap in Time (2009) – PS3
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (2011) – PS3
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (2012) – PS3
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (2013) – PS3
- Ratchet & Clank (2016) – PS4
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – PS5
Ratchet & Clank timeline order
Not all games follow a linear storytelling from game to game.
For example, the God of War series must be played in a specific order to experience it from the beginning of the story to its current ending.
Most read in The Irish Sun
Other franchises like Tom Raider don’t have a clear historical timeline like Call of Duty does.
In the case of Rachet & Clank, the series follows a continuous story from the first game to the latest title, Rift Apart (2021).
The only exception is Rachet & Clank (2016), which revisits the game’s story from 2002
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9056368/ratchet-clank-games-order-release-date-timeline/ Ratchet & Clank games in order: By release date and schedule