Redout was a title that aimed to put its own twist on futuristic ant-grav racing and commemorate people like obliterate and F zero. It was a reasonable effort, although there were certainly areas for improvement; the hope is that its sequel builds on the potential of the IP.
Saber Interactive and developer 34BigThings have now confirmed a release date for Redout 2; it will come down to switch and everything else up May 26, so it’s not far away. There will be plenty of optimism, but it’s worth noting that competitive online multiplayer will be limited to six players in the Switch version, half that of other platforms.
You can see the official description for the game below:
Redout 2 is the biggest and fastest entry in the series to date, with more tracks than ever before. Pilot, pitch and level your customizable hovership through dozens of mind-bending, mind-blowing courses across a variety of game modes, including an extensive single-player campaign, as well as competitive online multiplayer for up to 12 players on PC, PlayStation and Xbox, and up to six players Nintendo switch.
– Speed control: With lightning-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system Redout 2 It’s a great thing to pick up and play, but really rewarding for anyone who can master their super high skill cap.
– Extensive career mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks – all reversible! From arena races and time attacks to last man standing and intense boss races, blast past the competition and dominate the finish line.
– Competitive Multiplayer: Compete against rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into new challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons with bonus rewards.
– Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 different chassis and customize your hovership with an incredible range of engines, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, colors and much more!
– Experience a futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents like Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with music seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
– Create and share your best high-speed moments With Redout 2photo mode from .
We’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this one to see how it plays out on Switch.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/redout-2-gets-a-release-date-and-snazzy-trailer-online-limited-to-six-players-on-switch Redout 2 gets a release date and a slick trailer, limited to six players online on Switch