ITV hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly introduced Sam Fender on the show, but sadly on Saturday Night Takeaway they were expecting Michael Bublé as the musical guest.
Video not available
Saturday Night Takeaway fans were left baffled by the latest season of the ITV show, as many were expecting to see hit-maker Michael Bublé on their screens.
Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly are back for another Saturday night out and enjoying the hit ITV show.
Millions of fans have tuned in every weekend to see Ant and Dec in action, since the pair’s award-winning show returned last month.
As the Geordie duo opened up the first half of the show, they welcomed their musical guest Sam Fender onto the stage, even jokingly mocking his BBC Breakfast appearance last year.
Countryman Geordie appeared on the morning show while being treated for a severe hangover after celebrating the sale of his beloved Newcastle United Football Club.
But when the 27-year-old singer appeared on the show, some Saturday Night Takeaway fans took to Twitter to say that the show’s TV listing had named Michael Bublé as a musical guest.
One fan wrote: “I just want to know why Michael Bublé isn’t here tonight,” along with a string of crying emojis.
Another wrote: “Sam Fender?? But the TV listing says Michael Bublé!! Liiiieees,” before jokingly adding: “We get it, Buble only shows up at Xmas. ”
Another social media user wrote: “Why does my TV instructor say Michael Bublé is performing when it’s actually Sam Fender performing?” as another said: “Why isn’t Michael Bublé in??”
Elsewhere on the show, viewers were left disappointed after the Geordie duo confirmed that the ITV show would be canceled next weekend.
Ant and Dec have announced that the Takeaway sequel will run for two weeks, with Ant telling the studio audience: “You guys may have heard that some of you won’t have any screenings next week. for rugby.”
The schedule change was to make room for Six Nations Rugby live coverage, but fans took to Twitter to lament the decision.
Six Nations Live will air on ITV on Saturday, March 19 when England play France.
This happened when Stephen Mulhern’s doctor ordered him off school Saturday Night for the third week of running.
The 44-year-old TV presenter wrote on Twitter: “Hi everyone, Sorry for being quiet here lately and thanks for all your lovely messages.
“I have had a period of rest and am resting as prescribed by the doctor. I’m working on repairs, I’m happy to say and look forward to getting back to work soon. During the measurement…
“I’m going to step up and watch Takeaway Saturday Night with you guys a lot. Please don’t miss me too much! Much love, Stephen. X”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/saturday-night-takeaway-fans-slam-26453779 Saturday Night Takeaway fans beat epic guest as Michael Bublé 'disappeared'