SPAIN is the place to be if you’re looking for a theme park vacation that rivals Disneyland Paris thanks to a massive resort with three parks and seven hotels.
Plus, even in the high season of summer and school holidays, it’s possible to book a week-long family holiday for under £2,000 including flights and theme park tickets.
If you click any link in this article, we may earn affiliate revenue.
The theme park resort you need to go to is PortAventura world.
It is the largest theme park resort in southern Europe and is located just outside the Costa Dorada resort of Salou.
There are three different parks to explore – PortAventura Park, Caribe Aquatic Park and Ferrari Land – and there is plenty to do for children and adults of all ages.
PortAventura Park is the first theme park ever in Spain and features different themed areas inspired by destinations around the world such as Polynesia and China.
For younger children there are popular rides such as the carousel, bumper cars and teacups.
Older kids will enjoy all the roller coasters – and there are 5km of them for a really thrilling experience.
Caribe Aquatic Park is the seasonal water park and it’s all about pools and slides.
There are indoor and outdoor options for younger kids, so they don’t need to feel left out if they don’t meet the height requirements for some of the larger slides.
Everything is popular for motor fans in Ferrari Land, where of course everything about cars is available.
There are smoother rides out there, but theme park fans only come here for Red Force, a launch coaster that accelerates from 0 to 180 km/h in just five seconds.
The great thing about this resort is that you can choose from seven different hotels, each with a different theme.
Six of the hotels are 4-star hotels with unlimited entry to PortAventura Park and Caribe Aquatic Park and a day at Ferrari Land included in the price of the stay.
However, if you stay at the 5* Lucy’s Mansion, you get unlimited access to all parks.
It’s also a lot cheaper to stay here thanks to the fact that there are so many hotels locally.
Even during the school holidays, a family of three can stay for a week for less than £2,000, flights included.
Below you will find some price examples for the summer semester and the half-year in October. All offers are based on two adults and one child sharing a room.
- 7 Nights B&B at 4* Hotel Colorado Creek departing Leeds Bradford 29th July from £2,580 incl Dear Holidays
- 7 nights room only at 4* Hotel PortAventura, from London Gatwick on 28th August, from £1,814 with Dear Holidays
- 7 nights half board at the 4* Hotel Gold River, from London Gatwick on 28th August, from £2,516 with easyJet vacation
- 7 nights half board at the 4* Hotel Caribe, from London Gatwick on 28th August, from £2,227 with easyJet vacation
- 7 nights all inclusive at 4* Hotel El Paso, from London Gatwick on 28th August, from £2,586 with easyJet vacation
- 7 nights B&B at 5* Hotel Lucy’s Mansion, from London Gatwick on 23rd October, from £3,000 incl Dear Holidays
- 7 nights half board at the 4* Hotel Gold River, from London Luton on 22nd October, from £2,027 incl easyJet vacation
- 7 nights B&B at the 4* Hotel Colorado Creek, from London Gatwick on 23rd October, from £2,015 incl Dear Holidays
- 7 nights room only at the 4* Hotel Roulette, from £1,274 with Expedia – Flights must be booked separately
If you’re looking for a great UK vacation deal, try Premier Inn as well. They have rooms for only £7 a night this summer.
Haven is even cheaper, with deals as low as £3 a night.
We’ve also found some incredible deals on Beach vacation abroadwith hotel and flight costing less than £100.
https://www.thesun.ie/travel/8593525/portaventura-world-salou-spain/ See the interior of Southern Europe’s largest theme park resort