Simon Cowell threatens to revive The X Factor just a year after ITV canceled it
X Factor ran from 2004 to 2018 – before shutting down in 2019 with two filmings; The X Factor Band and Celebrity. ITV confirmed last June that the show would not return – but Simon has other plans.
Video not available
Simon Cowell is planning a resuscitation for The X Factor – a year after ITV announced it had no intention of bringing the show back to the screens.
The long-running reality singing competition originally aired in 2004 – however, it stopped airing in 2018, while a badly-reviewed spin-off titled The X Factor: The Band aired in 2019.
Last year, reports suggested that the program was malfunctioning after years of declining ratings and after the Covid-19 pandemic prevented the program from being implemented in 2020.
But now showrunner Simon, 62, has suggested the time is right for the show to be revived – although British audiences may not want to return at first, as he has plans in place. plan to bring it back to America.
A source told Sun on Sunday: “The X Factor is far from over in America. Simon always felt the show needed a break and a makeover.
“He and the producers are looking to make it appeal to a wider audience and incorporate more social media platforms and streaming capabilities.”
While Simon himself was quoted by the newspaper as saying: “I’m proud of the show. In fact, I’m really thinking about trying to bring the X Factor back to America.”
The X Factor ran for three seasons in the United States from 2011 to 2013 and featured a host of celebrity judges including Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, Paula Abdul, Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio, Nicole Scherzinger, and LA Reid.
While the show was hosted – in pathetic style – by Khloe Kardashian and Steve Jones before Mario Lopez was drafted to direct the series.
The UK version of the show finally glitched last year after ratings jumped from an all-time high of 20 million viewers to less than 3 million by the The Band spin-off in 2019.
An ITV spokesperson confirmed the show was canceled last June, telling Digital Spy: “There are no current plans for the next series of the series. The X Facto r at this stage. ”
Meanwhile, the equally long-running series Britain’s Got Talent returned to theaters this month for the show’s 15th season.
The series has been hit with accusations of ‘correction’ after Hollywood star Loren Allred was the first audition actor of the year to be awarded the golden bell award.
The 32-year-old singer performed the soundtrack of the hit movie The Greatest Showman in 2017.
While Simon has been accused of looking worn out in the series.
Hitting speculation that he might retire soon, Simon said: “Of course, we all weigh in. But again, what am I going to do? Since starting work, I have tried to go unscheduled.
“It’s always been ‘If you have a good idea and you believe in it, just try and make it work’.”
Do you have a story to sell? Contact us at email@example.com or call us directly on 0207 29 33033.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/simon-cowell-threatens-resurrect-x-26783786 Simon Cowell threatens to revive The X Factor just a year after ITV canceled it