Do you have trouble keeping the windows in your house clean? All you need to clean them is a favorite drink that’s probably already in your kitchen. Here’s everything you need to know about the easy window cleaning hack
(Image: Getty Images/iStockphoto)
However, one clever trick – shared by a fan of cleaning expert Mrs Hinch – is using a popular and readily available drink to clean windows and leave them spotless.
The best part is that most households probably already have this drink in their kitchen, ready to use. Here’s what you need to know about the window cleaning hack that provides instant results.
What popular drink can be used to clean windows?
The clever cleaning trick suggests using black tea to scrub your windows clean. The cheap and effective hack proves that the hot and soothing drink can also double as a cleaning solution.
Tea is considered an excellent cleaner because it contains tannic acid, which can get rid of any ugly build-up of grease and dirt on surfaces like windows.
Unlike other cleaning products like vinegar, which frustrated cleaning fans have described as leaving their windows “worse than they were before cleaning”, using tea leaves no streaks on the glass.
Not only is the simple hack inexpensive, but it doesn’t require spending on fancy clothes or sponges. All you need is newspaper!
According to one cleaning fan: “Newsprint works well. Rinse with hot water after removing all the dirt with the vinegar.”
What is the best way to clean your windows?
Cleaning your windows seems easy enough, but many mistakes can happen that leave your windows streaky and worse than before. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how best to clean your windows.
- Start by removing dust from window frames, rails, and rocker panels with a vacuum, feather duster, or cloth. Do the same with your blinds or shades. If you have curtains, this is a good time to remove and wash them, following the care instructions.
- Remove your screens to clean them. You can either vacuum or brush off the dust, or wash them with soapy water, rinse and dry. While your screens are drying, it’s a good time to clean the outside of your windows and frames with a soft brush or disposable cloth.
- Next, spray your windows with a generous amount of whatever cleaner you’re using
- Then, using lint-free paper towels, microfiber towels, or newspaper, wipe down your windows from top to bottom. If you see streaks, wipe them again until the glass is clear.
- Repeat steps three and four on the outside of your window. If you have removable storm windows, completely remove them for cleaning.
- Finally, fold back your screen, hang your curtains and enjoy the sparkling clean windows.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/easy-hack-clean-windows-using-26373855 Simple black tea window cleaning hack for crystal clear glass