Social welfare Christmas bonuses will be paid out to 1.4 million Irish over the next few weeks.
Festival benefits are a double payment the normal weekly amount for many people receiving welfare on one occasion in December.
Christmas bonus return confirmed in Budget 2022 – but who is eligible and when will it be paid?
WHEN WILL THIS YEAR’S CHRISTMAS BONUS BE PAYED?
The exact date of the social welfare Christmas bonus is yet to be confirmed – and will depend on recipients as to when they normally receive their payments.
But it is always released around the first two weeks of December.
Minister Heather Humphreys said: “I am delighted the Government has approved the payment of the Social Welfare Christmas Bonus again this year.
“It will be 100% Bonus and will be paid in early December. Long-term social welfare recipients including pensioners, people with disabilities, carers and single parents will receive the Bonus. “
WHO RECEIVES PAYMENT?
This bonus is a one-time annual payment to long-term social payers, meaning anyone who qualifies will receive a weekly double payout once the bonus is paid out.
You will receive payment if you are any of the following:
- Return to Work Business Allowance – people coming from a job seeker pay can use your time on a job seeker payment to help you qualify
- Job Seeker’s Allowance for 12 months or 312 days and Job Seeker’s Transition payment are both eligible for payment
- Family Dividend Return to Work, 65-year-old Allowance, Blind Allowance, Carer Allowance and Carer Benefit, Community Employment
- If you were on Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) for 12 months (312 days)
- Contributor allowance and benefits, Single-family payment to parents and Survivor’s, widower or widower’s Allowance (Contribution) and (Non-contributor) are eligible, along with the Daily Expense Allowance, formerly known as the 12-month Direct Supply Allowance.
- Those on State pensions (contributing) and (non-contributing), Guardian Payments (contributing) and (non-contributing) and Invalid Allowance are also included.
- Disability and Disability Allowance and Allowance for widows, widowers or surviving civil partners under the Occupational Injury Program, Exclusive Care Allowance, Farm Assistance All camps are eligible
- Magdalene Laundry, Partial Capability Allowance, Rural Social Program, Supplemental Welfare Allowance for 12 months and Tu made it to the shortlist.
HOW MUCH WILL I RECEIVE?
The bonus will be 100% of your regular weekly payout.
This includes the Living Alone Increase, the Island Allowance and the Over 80 Increase. However, the Fuel Allowance is not included.
The minimum payment is €20.
In 2017, the Christmas bonus was 85% of the regular weekly rate before it went up to 100% of the weekly rate.
If you are receiving the Intensive Care Allowance, the bonus will be paid out with your monthly payment in December 2021.
If you are receiving two qualifying social welfare payments, such as the Single Family Payment and the Government Care Allowance or the Carer’s Allowance, half as well as your main payment. you will get a Christmas Bonus on both payments.
LIMITED HOT MEALS ONLY
Meanwhile, Secretary Humphreys this week confirmed the Hot School Meals program will be extended, so another 16,000 children will benefit.
The €3 million investment will see 81 DEIS schools invited to participate in the program from January 2022.
Today’s announcement will allow an additional 16,000 elementary school students to receive a hot, nutritious meal each day and will bring the total number of students benefiting to 55,650.
https://www.thesun.ie/money/7975790/social-welfare-christmas-bonus-2022-exact-date-who-gets-amount/ Social Welfare Christmas bonus paid to 1.4 million Irish for the day