Be it the strumming of a guitar in a bar, or a hymn sung in a church, or the ubiquitous national anthem, music in any form is an antidote to fear.
It is the source of strength and affirmation for many facing difficult lives and a bridge connecting communities divided by religious belief, race or class.
International Music Day, celebrated on October 1st, is a reminder that music is a form of expression, the basic need of the soul and the power behind the functioning of the entire universe. The day underscores the importance of promoting music at scale and encouraging everyone to update their playlists.
The history of the International Music Day dates back to 1949, when the International Music Council, an associated organization of UNESCO, proclaimed the day to use the power of music to promote harmonious coexistence between communities. Since then, the day has been marked by concerts, exhibitions, music seminars and so on.
With the day we’re back here are some quotes about music to send to your loved ones: (Courtesy of Goodreads)
- “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
- “Music expresses what cannot be put into words and what cannot be silent.” – Victor Hugo
- “Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the spirit, wings to the imagination, and wings to all life.” – Plato
- “”Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and arch my back with loneliness.” – Maya Angelou
- “People haven’t always been there for me, but the music always has.” -Taylor Swift
- “Some people have lives, some people have music.” – John Green
- “After silence, what comes closest to expressing the unspeakable is music.” -Aldous Huxley
- “We should count as lost every day that we haven’t danced at least once.” -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- “Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond anything we do here!” -JK Rowling
https://www.ibtimes.com.au/international-music-day-history-quotes-about-universal-love-language-1839017?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution Story and quotes about the universal language of love