A MAN suspected of murder is confirmed to be 78 years old, contrary to previous information.
He was arrested on suspicion of murder and later released on bail after the body of a 49-year-old man was found in Storrington on Sunday.
Sussex Police previously said the suspect was 68 but have since updated this.
The error was due to a “data entry error,” the force said.
Police responded to a report of an unconscious man in the High Street, Storrington, at 10.05am on Sunday.
The officer attempted to revive him, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anyone with dash cam footage of areas between Old Mill Drive and High Street between 8.30am and 9.30am is being asked to contact Sussex Police.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Wolstenholme said: “This is a tragic incident and while we will continue to investigate the circumstances thoroughly, I am very keen to resolve things so quickly and effectively for all involved.
“At this point we are open as to the cause of death, with a post-mortem expected to take place later this week.
“I would like to thank the public for their continued support of this investigation.”
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20973094.sussex-police-update-storrington-murder-suspect-details/?ref=rss Sussex Police update details of Storrington murder suspect