Techland announces that it is working on an open-world fantasy role-playing game
Techland, the developers behind Parkour Bliss dying light series announced today that they are moving forward with an open-world fantasy RPG, and the development team is hiring to make this a reality.
We have literally no other information about the upcoming title other than that it’s an open-world fantasy RPG, but the team is touting some impressive developer talent leading the project, including several witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 Developer.
Are you ready to start a new exciting journey with Techland? We are hiring for the unannounced AAA open world action RPG in a fantasy setting! Join us now! pic.twitter.com/MPZcv7p8iG
– Techland (@TechlandGames) May 17, 2022
The new IP will be led by Narrative Director Karolina Stachyra (witcher 2 and witcher 3) and Narrative Lead Arkadiusz Borowik (witcher 2 and witcher 3). Techland also announced that several developers will be working with AAA Bonafides on their new IP, including:
- Bartosz Ochman – Open World Director who previously worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
- Mario Maltezos – Creative Director who has previously worked with companies such as Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros. (Mad Max) and Microsoft
- David McClure – Lead Game Designer, formerly at Arkane Studios (Deathloop), Deep Silver and Playground Games
- Kevin Quaid – Lead Animator with over 8 years experience at Guerrilla Games working on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion The Frozen Wilds
- Marcin Surosz – Lead UI/UX Designer with amazing ability to define player needs, formerly at People Can Fly
The IP itself is likely years away as the team is only just beginning to ramp up hiring for the project. Techland announced that there were several open positions and encouraged those interested to apply. The team also shared the first concept art for the upcoming project, which features a character looking out over a valley of waterfalls, tropical jungles and crumbling ruins. The team’s goal is to build what they call a “full next-gen experience” using the lessons learned from their most recent project. Dying Light 2: Stay Human.
https://www.mmorpg.com/news/techland-announces-its-working-on-an-open-world-fantasy-rpg-2000125048 Techland announces that it is working on an open-world fantasy role-playing game