Ten people have been hospitalized after an ammonia leak at a UK food factory

Cranswick Country Foods’ factory in Preston, East Yorkshire, confirmed a small ammonia leak at the factory on Thursday, as all workers were hospitalized

Cranswick Country Foods sausage factory in Hull
Cranswick Country Foods sausage factory in Hull

Ten people were hospitalized after deadly ammonia leaked at a food factory on Thursday.

Cranswick Country Foods’ plant in Preston, East Yorkshire, confirmed the leak, which has seen the site evacuated and temporarily closed for safety checks.

The corrosive material, when released into the air in high concentrations, can cause instant burns to the eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract, leading to blindness, lung damage and death.

Exposure to the highly toxic element can cause irreversible damage and prove fatal.

Emergency services were called to the site on Thursday evening as all ten factory workers were taken to hospital after the small leak was discovered, reports have said Hull Live.

Cranswick said this was a precautionary measure and all workers have now been laid off, the reports BBC.







Cranswick Country Foods has confirmed a small leak at its Preston, East Yorkshire plant
(

Image:

Jellerby)

Ten people were hospitalized after an ammonia leak at a food factory in East Yorkshire last night.

A spokesman for the company said: “We can confirm that an ammonia leak occurred overnight at the site in Preston, Hull.

“Although the incident was minor, we evacuated the site as soon as we became aware of the situation.

“We are keeping all our suppliers and customers informed of the situation.

“The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and the site will not reopen until all appropriate checks have been completed and production can safely resume.”

The Mirror Online has reached out to Cranswick Country Foods for comment.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ten-people-rushed-hospital-after-26386851 Ten people have been hospitalized after an ammonia leak at a UK food factory

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button