The youth, now 17, whose name cannot be released for legal reasons, threw away the 16-year-old’s phone, leaving her alone and covered in blood for seven hours before she was found in Sittingbourne, Kent
Image: Getty Images)
A 16-year-old boy obsessed with serial killers stabbed a schoolgirl at least 99 times and left her for dead after luring her to meet on Snapchat.
The youth, now 17, whose name cannot be released for legal reasons, threw away the 16-year-old’s phone, leaving her alone and covered in blood for seven hours before she was found.
After the attack in July 2021, in which the victim was critically injured, he googled whether the UK still had the death penalty.
Maidstone Crown Court heard a dog walker spotted the victim at The Orchards in Sittingbourne, Kent, around 7.30am on Tuesday 22 July.
Prosecutor Martin Yale, who said the attacker was only 16 when he committed attempted murder, said: “We say he lured her into the orchard to carry out a premeditated assault.
“He started texting his victim on Snapchat and he instigated a meeting.”
The prosecutor said the attacker was also carrying a bag – said to contain weapons and a change of clothes – in which he planned to kill her.
In the orchard he found an excuse to go to the bathroom, disappeared and then returned as he grabbed her mouth before beginning his stabbing frenzy.
The victim described her attacker as “evil looking” and estimated the attack lasted up to three minutes.
AFP via Getty Images)
She was flown in an ambulance to King’s College Hospital in London and treated for wounds including to the liver, pancreas, lung, kidney and a severed artery.
After her disappearance was discovered, the victim’s parents began a search after realizing she had not slept in her room.
Mr Yale said the would-be killer was eventually questioned and claimed to have been with his girlfriend.
When detectives went to his home, they found he had been looking at pictures including American serial killer Ted Bundy.
Tana Adkin QC said mitigatingly the boy had suffered from poor mental health in lockdown and spoke of ending his life.
She said his parents “did everything they could” and it was only after his arrest that his condition was diagnosed.
Judge Philip Statman said in sentencing: “You had a murderous attempt on your mind. This was a wild and brutal attack that was premeditated.
“Your victim remained in his fetal position in The Orchards for six hours, but your victim fought for his life and won.”
The boy was sentenced to a minimum of 10 years in prison after admitting to attempted murder and, if released, to life in prison.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Kimber, the lead investigating officer on the case, said: “The brutality inflicted on the victim of this case was abhorrent and the direction of this investigation was extraordinarily harrowing.
“It is worrying that someone so young could have coldly calculated this sickening attack.
“Throughout the course of our investigation, our top priority was to provide the victim with the best possible support.
“She has consistently shown exceptional bravery and her fighting spirit is evident in the physical recovery she has made.
“Although we were faced with a horrific case, the tireless professionalism of my officers meant we were able to solve the crime and apprehend the perpetrator within hours.
“Even the officers who first responded to the call for help responded with exemplary professionalism, despite being faced with adverse circumstances. Her actions eventually resulted in the victim surviving this horrific attack.
“I am pleased to see that this teenager has now been held accountable.
“He poses a clear danger to the public and I sincerely hope that the support available to him in prison will get to the root of his dangerousness and prevent him from causing further harm.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/serial-killer-obsessed-16-year-26398112 The 16-year-old, possessed by a serial killer, stabbed a schoolgirl 99 times, leaving her for dead