News

The 4-year-old boy left screaming in agony as his foot “melted like wax” after stepping on sand

Ezekiel Long was taken to hospital after stepping on boiling hot sand which left him screaming in pain after the incident at Grebe Beach near Falmouth, Cornwall

Ezekiel Long was taken to hospital after stepping on boiling hot sand
Ezekiel Long was taken to hospital after stepping on boiling hot sand

A four-year-old boy cried out in agony when his foot “melted like wax” after stepping on red-hot sand.

Ezekiel Long has been hospitalized after stepping on boiling hot sand while playing at the beach.

His mother has asked beach users to ensure beach bonfires and BBQs are properly extinguished after he required hospital treatment for burns to his foot.

Kerensa Long shared a picture of his injury to remind others to use seawater to dampen fires or mark them with rocks to show they can be dangerous.

CornwallLivereports, however, that there was “no evidence” of a fire in which Ezekiel burned his foot on Grebe Beach near Falmouth.

But Kerensa said: “As it’s this time of year I just want to send a message to people to clean up and make sure it’s safe before they leave.

“Take the grill home or wash it in the water first. It is irresponsible and can have a huge impact.”







His mother, Kerensa Long, shared a picture of his injury to remind others to put down beach fires
(

Picture:

Cornwall Live)

Ezekiel was taken to the hospital where he was immediately examined for his wound.

He later returned to the hospital for further treatment of his foot

“The bottom of his foot is blistered and tomorrow they’ll have to cut off all the skin,” his mother said.

“He’s bandaged and on ibuprofen and acetaminophen, but he can’t put shoes on and probably won’t be able to go to daycare on Monday.”

Karensa said she thinks this is even more important considering there may still be younger children crawling on the beach who may not be able to get out of the burning sand.

The Mirror reported yesterday how a welder was left with huge blisters the size of golf balls and unable to walk after coming into contact with “Britain’s most dangerous plant”.

Nick Sherratt, 53, said the giant hogweed he touched caused him so much pain that “if someone had come up with a hacksaw, I wanted to say please take it off”.

Nick said he accidentally touched the plant when he slipped off a footpath leading down to the sand at Porthjoke Beach in Cornwall.

But he didn’t feel anything then.

However, the next morning Nick woke up and began to vomit and had a high fever and tremors.

His symptoms worsened before his leg blistered and bloated horribly before the pain became unbearable.

Nick said: “It was a Saturday afternoon when it happened; Saturday night we picked my son up from his place of work and we came back, had something to eat – no problem, nothing at all.

“But then on Sunday it was a completely different story.

“First thing in the morning I started throwing up violently, I got a fever, horrible tremors, I didn’t get warm, I was wrapped up in bed — it was just non-stop.”

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-4-left-screaming-agony-27249811 The 4-year-old boy left screaming in agony as his foot "melted like wax" after stepping on sand

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button