It’s been a while since we had news of Breakers Collection, the compilation of three neo-geo beat ’em ups that never saw the light of day outside of Japan. There were some delays with the release, but an open beta was released last year.
Now Strictly Limited Games has announced that it will be releasing physical versions of Breakers Collection to sweeten the deal and make the wait worthwhile.
This marks the first time the West has officially gotten its hands on the Breakers games – interrupter and breaker revenge – but the collection will also include brand new content. These 2D beat ’em ups lit up arcades with their fast-paced gameplay, super special moves, and easy-to-play but hard-to-master classic fighting game action.
The collection will include:
– A hidden gem from the golden age of arcade fighting games, remastered for modern consoles
– Takes full advantage of the power of Neo Geo to deliver beautiful pixel graphics
– Challenging gameplay with fast and precise controls that reward tactics instead of button presses
– Up to 10 characters to choose from, each with their own unique fighting style (8 in Breakers and 10 in Revenge)
– Fight for life or death in the legendary FIST tournament in arcade mode
– Compete with your friends to claim dominance on your couch in classic versus mode
– Brand new training mode, a highly requested post-beta feature (Revenge only)
– Flawless online multiplayer with rolling back mesh code with casual and ranked modes, tested by the community during open beta (Revenge only)
– Online global leaderboards (Revenge only)
– Art Gallery mode
But if you’re an avid SNK or Neo Geo fan, you probably know all this, right? They’re here for the boxed goods, the physical editions, which is the first time Strictly Limited Games has ever released a 2D fighter!
It’s the usual pair of sets here, with a limited standard edition and an oversized, super glossy collector’s edition. The standard edition costs €29.99 / $34.99comes with a manual and is limited to 4,000 copies on Switch.
But for not even double the price, only 3,000 copies of the Collector’s Edition will be printed for Switch, and the price will be €59.99 / $65.99. Let’s take a look at what this Bumper Collector’s Edition brings to this collection of fighting games!
CE item list:
– Game for Nintendo Switch
– Collector’s Edition box
– Colorful game instructions
– Tia Langray headband with Breakers Collection logo
– 2 sweatbands with Breakers Collection logo
– Soundtrack with songs from Breakers and Revenge
– Acrylic diorama with Tia Langray and Sho Kamui
– Arcade flyer for Crystal Legacy (original Breakers prototype), A5 size
– Double-sided poster with main motifs, size A2
– Breakers Collection die-cut logo decal
– 10 character cards, size A7
– Lenticular card, size A6
For a gorgeous looking box of goodies, that’s not a bad price. Or, if you really want something unique, you can also grab an aluminum plate – of which there will only be 149! – here on the Strictly Limited Games Store.
Pre-orders for both editions open on Saturday, May 21 at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 11pm BST, or at Midnight CET on May 22nd. You can view the listings for the standard edition right here or the Collector’s Edition via this link.
Breakers Collection doesn’t currently have a release date, but it’s slated for release this year. Hopefully it will break the lag form and come to Switch later in 2022. Let us know in the comments if you’ll pre-order the collection!
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/japanese-neo-geo-classics-breakers-collection-return-with-limited-editions The Breakers Collection of Japanese Neo-Geo classics returns with limited editions