The convicted murderer named Boy A in the Ana Kriegel case was transferred to adult prison

The convicted juvenile killer, known as Boy A in the Ana Kriegel case, has been transferred to an adult prison, the Irish Independent is able to reveal.

The brutal murder and sexual assault of a vulnerable 14-year-old girl in a run-down house in west Dublin in May 2018 shocked the nation and led to the conviction of two teenagers who were sent to a juvenile detention center.

Boy A was in a juvenile detention center until his recent move to an adult prison.

To protect the killer’s identity Irish Independent does not disclose which prison facility he was transferred to.

“This is a very sensitive case, anything that could reveal this teenager’s identity could seriously jeopardize his safety,” a source said last night.

When contacted, a spokeswoman for the Irish Prison Service said: “The Irish Prison Service does not comment on individual prisoner cases or prisoner transfers.”

In November 2019, Boy A was sentenced to life in prison for Ana’s murder and will initially serve 12 years, followed by a review. The sentence is renewable after the first 12 years have been served.

Boy A was also convicted of aggravated sexual assault. In addition, a 12-year time limit was imposed for the concurrent serving of these charges.

His accomplice Boy B, who lured Ana into the run-down house, is serving a 15-year sentence, with the sentence set to be reviewed after eight years. He too was convicted of murder.

Boy A was also entered on the sex offender register.

Both boys, known as Boy A and Boy B because their true identities cannot be revealed, were 13 when they killed Ana on May 14, 2018 in an abandoned house in Lucan.

The shocking case belongs to Boy A comes from a loving, caring and stable home. Gardaí had not noticed him before Ana’s murder.

He has no history of mental illness. He pleaded not guilty in court, claiming he did not enter the house where Ana was murdered.

Trial Judge Mr Justice Paul McDermott said he was not satisfied that Boy A was telling the truth and that a good measure of what he said was “self-serving” and some was contradicted by the evidence.

The judge said he was not satisfied that Boy A had shown remorse for the “wrongs he committed, the extent of the violence used”.

He said the boy also seemed unaware of the devastation, grief and loss for the Kriegel family and his own family.

He added that the boy may find it difficult to accept what he has done and “how to deal with it is an important consideration given the length of his detention”.

The judge found it difficult to identify mitigating factors for Boy A other than his young age.

He had pleaded not guilty, putting the Kriegel family through the “heartbreak” of the trial, in which they had to hear details of the sexual assault.

He showed little remorse, Judge McDermott said, and the parole board had said he showed only limited understanding of what he had done.

Boy A described what happened to Ana as a “fight” and said he had no intention of killing her or causing her serious injury.

Last month, the Court of Appeals refused to admit new evidence in Boy B’s appeal against his conviction.

Following the verdict, the court set a date for October 5 to hear the full appeal of the now 17-year-old’s murder conviction.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/convicted-murderer-known-as-boy-a-in-the-ana-kriegel-case-moved-to-adult-prison-41909021.html The convicted murderer named Boy A in the Ana Kriegel case was transferred to adult prison

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button