Marvelous and XSEED Games sure gave us a little shock today! First Studios, the developers of the action-packed mech fighting game Daemon X Machina, follow up on their debut title with a survival action game called Deadcraft. And it’s coming to all platforms pretty soon, on May 19th.
That’s a damn change from their first game, isn’t it? But it looks just as red and stylized. Your goal will be to fight for your life while building an army of undead minions. Sound familiar? Well, the protagonist, Reid, is half human, half zombie, and that gives him some interesting and unique powers that allow him to command his undead zombie forces and defeat opponents.
Amazing details about upcoming zombie army game shared with us below:
DEADCRAFT is the latest deadly and daring game from Marvelous’ First Studio, makers of DEMON X MACHINA. As if a meteor shower that turned the earth into a barren wasteland wasn’t bad enough, the devastation unleashed a mysterious virus that revived the dead. Ravaged by the fires of heaven and the dead below, only a fraction of the human population remains, mostly huddled in small outposts where power-hungry opportunists capitalize on the chaos. Reid, a rare survivor of exposure to the virus, is captured by the twisted Nebron, leader of the Ark. After escaping the torture table into the surrounding wasteland, Reid is determined to return to the city and demand apocalyptic justice.
Stare in savage wonder as half-human, half-zombie protagonist Reid slices through enemies in a quest for just vengeance! Use his inhuman zombie powers to fend off enemies as you scour the wasteland for answers about what happened to the only man he can trust. Build fantastic new weapons, conjure up strange brews, or even breed and harvest zombie soldiers to stand by Reid’s side against whatever the apocalypse throws at him. It’s a dangerous world and to stay alive, Reid must take full advantage of the dead!
▪ Farm the Dead to Stay Alive ‒ Plant fresh corpses (or just a combination of limbs) in the ground and give them a little tending until they grow into an undead army of infantry, sentries and more!
▪ Spooky Craft ‒ Surviving the apocalypse sometimes means using whatever scrap you can find to craft new weapons. In other cases, it means enlisting a loyal undead to help build and run an entire factory of grotesque machines that produce an unholy amalgamation of survival items.
▪ Death-defying powers of the undead ‒ Reid’s zombie side gives him a powerful advantage in a fight, as he can protect himself from danger or knock away enemies like pesky mosquitoes. But as each engulfed enemy brings him closer to his zombie side, he must be careful to preserve what little humanity he has left.”
▪ Become a savior… or a scourge ‒ Help other survivors learn new recipes or skills. But if Reid is going bad with money or supplies, shrug off a local and take it from them… as long as he doesn’t mind potentially becoming a wanted man.
There will be two versions of this apocalyptic zombie fest for you to grab. The standard edition costs £19.99 / €24.99 / $24.99or grab the Digital Deluxe Edition for £29.99 / €39.99 / $39.99that comes with:
- Deadcraft game
- Deadcraft DLC packs
– “It came from the junkyard”
– “Jessie’s Wasteland Goods”
- Special Costume “Shinobi Outfit”
- Resource Pack (Agua Cola x5, Sludge x10, Tomato Seeds x2, Pumpkin Seeds x2, Heaven’s Blessing x5)
You can also buy individually both DLC packs that will appear after launch, e.g £6.49 / €7.99 / $7.99 everyone.
Pre-orders are now open in the eShop for Deadcraft, which launches May 19 on Switch. You can also download a free demo to see what disgusting concoctions you can make to stay alive and how many zombies you can amass in your army.
Will you give Deadcraft a try? Let us know in the usual place if you want to try the demo or keep the game!
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/04/daemon-x-machina-creators-announce-survival-game-deadcraft-coming-to-switch-in-may The creators of Daemon X Machina announce the survival game Deadcraft coming to the Switch in May