The Environment Agency issues flood warnings for Sussex
The Environment Agency (EA) has issued flood warnings in Sussex.
Most of Sussex is currently on a yellow weather warning for rain until 9pm this evening.
The flood warnings have been issued for:
- Alfriston: Cuckmere River at Alfriston from Shermans Bridge to Deans Place Hotel including Milton Lock and Long Bridge
- Barcombe Mills: River Ouse at Barcombe Mills including the Anchor Gates
- Dummy Bridge: Dummy Bridge to Betley Bridge, near Shermanbury on the River Adur
Flooding is expected in these areas – act now.
This means properties are at risk of flooding and the EA advises:
- Move vehicles to higher ground when safe to do so
- Keep family and pets safe
- Take important items upstairs or to a safe place in your property, starting with valuables and valuables, then furniture and fixtures
- Turn off gas, electricity, and water supplies if safe to do so; Never touch an electrical switch when standing in water
- If you have property protection products like flood barriers or air brick covers, use them now
- Track the current flood risk situation
What are the possible effects?
- travel disruption
- property damage
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23221996.environment-agency-issues-flood-warnings-sussex/?ref=rss The Environment Agency issues flood warnings for Sussex