Square Enix announced its Final Fantasy pixel remasters of the first six games in the series last June, and over the course of about eight months each of these remasters came to PC platforms. Fans have been waiting for the console versions of these remasters to be unveiled since that announcement, and finally Square Enix has done so revealed that all six are coming to PlayStation and Switch next year.
More specifically, these pixel remasters will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Switch sometime in spring 2023. Each of these games can be purchased individually or together as a bundle, and a limited physical edition will also be available on the same day. Here’s a look at what to expect in the Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster: FF 35th Anniversary Edition:
- Final Fantasy I-VI Collection – physical collection of all games for PS4 or Nintendo Switch
- Goods box anniversary edition
- A lenticular bonus case for the game pack
- 2-disc vinyl record set featuring newly arranged game music with exclusive cover artwork by Kazuko Shibuya
- A specially curated artbook showcasing beautiful character pixel art
- Eight stylized pixel art character figures in window packaging
This edition of the game is exclusive to the Square Enix Store and the first batch is already sold out (although you can put yourself on a waiting list here)
The company says a “small run of standard physical editions [of the collection] will also be available exclusively on the Square Enix Store in Spring 2023,” but notes that quantities will be “extremely limited,” so be sure to pre-order if you’re interested.
For more information on each of these pixel remasters, visit Square Enix blog post. Check out our ranking of all the main Final Fantasy games to see where Final Fantasy I-VI land on our list after that.
Are you getting this pixel remaster collection? Let us know in the comments below!
Download at: https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/12/19/the-final-fantasy-pixel-remasters-will-finally-hit-playstation-and-switch-next-year