It won’t be long before those immortal words “Ready, steady, bake!” start ringing through homes across the country – The Great British Bake off is back.
As always with GBBOExpect the odd soggy bottom, heaps of lamination, and an inordinate amount of billowing baking sheet.
With Attendees With time-tested recipes for the Signature Challenge, a blind taste test in the Technical Challenge, and of course showcasing their favorite cakes in the Showstopper Challenge, the competition really pushes home bakers’ skills to the limit.
Each week, one participant is eliminated from the program until the finals see the remaining three compete and the winner be crowned.
The Great British Bake Off East Sussex contestant
Say hello to the class of 2022.
— British Bake Off (@BritishBakeOff) September 1, 2022
With just over a week to go, the contestants going into the bake-off tent have been announced, including one from East Sussex.
Personal assistant to a headmaster in East Sussex, Janusz grew up in Poland and moved to the UK 10 years ago.
The 34-year-old now lives on the south-east coast with his boyfriend Simon and their dachshund Nigel.
Aside from baking, Janusz’s passions include internet culture, drag-showing (he once bought his friend a statue of Ru Paul), and collecting movie props.
His mother, who always baked on Saturdays, inspired him to bake; a tradition Janusz continued when he left home to attend university.
He describes his baking style as “cartoony, colorful and casual” and loves turning Polish ingredients into British staples.
His favorite flavors are ginger and chocolate.
The Great British Bake Off Season 13 contestants
Carole in the marquee is joined by the remaining 11 hopefuls – they come from near and far, but all have a passion for a bouncy sponge.
- Abdul, 29, an electronics engineer from London
- Carole, 59, a supermarket cashier from Dorset
- Dawn, 60, IT manager from Bedfordshire
- James, 25, a nuclear scientist from Cumbria
- Kevin, 33, a music teacher from Lanarkshire
- Maisam, 18, student and sales assistant from Greater Manchester
- Maxy, 29, architectural assistant from London
- Rebs, 23, a masters student from County Antrim
- Sandro, 30, a nanny from London
- Syabira, 32, a cardiovascular researcher from London
- Will, 45, a former charity director from London
:: Great British Bake Off Season 13 begins Tuesday 13 September at 8pm on Channel 4.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20899127.great-british-bake-off-2022-meet-east-sussex-contestant-janusz/?ref=rss The Great British Bake Off 2022: Meet East Sussex candidate Janusz