A patch for Forbidden Horizon in the West was released, and along with some bug fixes, it also fixed issues with some major and side quests, and also addressed stability and graphics issues.
Picture Mode improvements have also been made, the patch also addresses camera crash issues, some animation issues with NPCs in settlements, some cases where the loading screen or screen the black image will be inadvertently resolved and an ‘Always Off’ option has been added to the custom HUD for weapons, ammo, tools, etc.
The patch also makes some tweaks to the vegetation to improve the image quality in Performance mode. However, the team will continue to investigate reported graphics issues related to screen flicker, sharpness, and saturation.
Patch 1.07 does not address the issue where Firegleam icons are not removed from the map after interacting with them, but the development team is currently working on a fix. It’s also important to note that while patch 1.06 includes a partial fix for repeating tracks, the problem continues to occur for some players. Guerrilla Games said if you’re experiencing this issue, make a video of where and when music can be heard and submit it to the Support Form so the issue can be further investigated.
You can check out the full patch notes below.
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.07
Repairs and improvements
The main task
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where the mission would not progress correctly if the second shuttle cable connector was fired first.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where players could break out of the play space.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘Embassy’ where dashing back through the Barren Light portal in the Embassy would leave the player trapped in Barren Light.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Death’s Door” where players could summon their mount in an underground location.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Door of Death” where players could not interact with the console.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘The Sea of Sands’ where the target for crafting a diving mask was incorrectly updated, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘Thebes’ where the player could squeeze through a geometric gap near the Underwater Powerplant and fall out of the world.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Break Even’ sidequest where the player could not talk to Porguf to complete the quest if Talanah was also present in Camp Nowhere.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Shadow in the West’ sidequest where reloading a save could respawn the player outside of an enclosed combat space.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Blood Choke’ sidequest where Atekka could run unresponsively outside of Thornmarsh if the player approached from a certain direction.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘A Soldier’s March’ sidequest where Penttoh might become unresponsive while moving towards the top of a mountain, thus blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in ‘The Second Verse’ sidequest where the “Talk to Zo” objective wouldn’t update after quitting the sidequest midway.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Nights of Lights’ sidequest where the “Gather the Gizmo” objective wouldn’t update.
Activities in the world
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet races where in rare cases the race would not start after completing a practice lap.
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet races where last place could be considered a victory.
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run: The Stillsands where the player might be instructed to play the Activity before the Activity could be started.
- Fixed an issue with the Elusive Fanghorn rescue contract where the mission would sometimes not complete correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Elusive Fanghorn salvage contract where machine trails would not show up if the player was moving quickly within the target.
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Ravager Cannon’ salvage contract where the target would not update correctly if the player splits one of the high damage, high tear attack cannons.
- Fixed an issue with Eastern Lie Regalla camp where loading a savings made at a campfire would place Aloy in another campfire.
- Fixed an issue in Rescue Contract Ancient Relics where the “Collect Ancient Relics” objective would get stuck on 2/3.
- Fixed an issue in Regalla Camp Devil’s Grasp where enemies might not respawn after reloading a save game in the “Kill the Rebel Leader” objective.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Outpost Jagged Deep where players could teleport across the map when reloading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue in Sunken Cavern: The Gouge where players could swim through a gap in the cave wall.
UI / UX
- Added ‘Always Off’ option for weapons and ammo, tools & potions in custom HUD options.
- Fixed some outfit icons using incorrect content in the inventory menu.
- Fixed an issue with maps where unnatural movement would occur when focusing the viewport on a player or mission objective.
- Added smoother transitions between Tropospheric and Cirrus cloud layers, and better match the colors of Supercell Anvil and Cirrus clouds.
- Fixed an issue with Very Large Array Tallneck where the model would show low level detail at a certain distance.
- Make a lot of corrections to the vegetation to improve image quality in Priority Performance mode.
- Fixed the white light flashing in the main quest ‘Door of Death’.
- Improved stability of depth of field in movies.
- Reduce step artifacts from SSAO in extreme close-up situations.
- Reduces changes to saturation in motion blur.
- Improved ball quality and stability.
- Improve grass quality in specific situations.
Performance and stability
- Many bug fixes.
- Fixed some cases where NPCs and textures would render live on PS4™ as the player approached the settlement at high speed.
- Fixed some cases where loading screen or black screen would trigger unintentionally.
- Fixed a streaming issue after the ending credits sequence was ignored.
Photo Mode Improvements
- Increased precision in precision mode to allow more control when orienting and moving the camera, especially when using long focal lengths and large apertures.
- The minimum focusing distance has been reduced to 5cm allowing for more creative photography and macro photography.
- Change the film back to 35mm full-frame, for clearer focal length and DOF translation, and a more intuitive focal length selection for virtual photographers.
- More focal lengths have been added to cover the 10mm to 300mm range in 35mm full-frame allowing for more creative expression.
- Added FoV match for default camera.
- Increased the radius that photographers can use around Aloy from 5 to 10 meters.
- Various small quality of life improvements.
- The Autofocus rectangle and the Rule of Thirds grid are now hidden when the Hide UI option is used.
- Fixed an issue where motion effects could show up on a character’s skin when taking close-ups.
- Fixed an issue where the camera bump would sometimes occur when the player was mounted and moving near an obstacle of a certain height.
- Fixed some animation issues with NPCs in settlements.
- Slightly increased the ammo cost of the Propelling Spike weapon technique for game balance reasons.
- Fixed a case where Aloy could get stuck inside a geometry block in the Memorial Grove settlement when trying to jump out through a gap in the wall.
- Fixed an issue where the game would briefly hang after skipping the ending credits sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the PS5 OS “Game Presets” difficulty would override the in-game difficulty level.
- Fixed an issue where interactable objects would sometimes lose their collision, causing the player to fall over the object.
- Fixed an issue where players could fall around the world on fast travel while on mounts.
https://www.vg247.com/horizon-forbidden-west-patch-introduces-photo-mode-improvements-fixes-quest-issues-addresses-stability-more The Horizon Forbidden West patch introduces Photo Mode improvements, fixes mission issues, addresses stability, etc.