The investigation into the death of the boy (6) in the swimming pool continues

An inquest is underway into the death of a boy who died after getting into trouble in a swimming pool at a Tullamore hotel this summer, an inquest has revealed.

Leber Forde (6) of Innismore, Crumlin in Dublin was pronounced dead at Children’s Health Ireland in Crumlin on 31 May 2022.

The boy had gotten into trouble two days earlier while playing in the swimming pool at the Tullamore Court Hotel in Tullamore, Co. Offaly.

Oliver, who was a student at Harold’s Cross National School in Dublin, was taken to Midlands Regional Hospital in Tullamore by ambulance services before being later taken by ambulance to Children’s Hospital in Crumlin.

A session of the Dublin District Coroner’s Court heard that a post-mortem of the boy’s body had found he had died from injuries caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain.

Coroner Aisling Gannon said the autopsy results showed the brain injury was caused by “prolonged immersion in water”.

The boy’s father, Denis Forde, gave evidence to Garda Stephen Cohen on the afternoon of May 31, shortly after Oliver was pronounced dead, that he had formally identified his son’s body.

His mother, Nina Mahon, who was accompanied by other family members, wept openly in the courtroom during the brief hearing.

A Health and Safety Inspector, Lauren Tierney, requested an adjournment under Section 25 of the Coroner’s Act pending an investigation into Oliver’s death.

The coroner granted the requested stay for a period of six months and reinstated the case on May 2, 2023.

Oliver is survived by his parents, Denis and Nina, and his two brothers, Jack and Lucas.

Meanwhile, another HSA inspector confirmed that an investigation into the death of a worker at a waste recycling plant in Dublin earlier this year is also ongoing.

A Panda employee, Radu Alexandru Chertes, originally from Romania, suffered fatal injuries in an incident at the company’s waste recycling facility at Cappagh Road, Finglas on April 6, 2022.

The inquest found Mr Chertes, with an address at Five Lamps, Cappagh Road, Finglas, died as a result of “catastrophic injuries sustained in an accident at work”.

A brother of the deceased, Andre Chertes, who also worked at the Panda factory, testified to Gardai via video link that he had formally identified his brother’s body.

Asked by the coroner if he had any questions about his brother’s death, Mr Chertes, through an interpreter, said he wanted to “find out who is guilty”.

However, Ms Gannon said that was not something the hearing would deal with that day.

HSA Inspector Ciaran O’Shaughnessy was granted a request for a six-month stay of the case after informing the coroner that an inquest into Mr Chertes’ death was underway. The investigation into the death of the boy (6) in the swimming pool continues

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button