The lawsuit accusing Bob Dylan of drugging and sexually abusing a 12-year-old boy in 1965 is dismissed

A lawsuit accusing singer Bob Dylan of drugging and sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl in 1965 has been dropped after allegations she destroyed evidence in the case.

Manhattan federal judge Katherine Polk Failla dismissed the case in prejudice Thursday, meaning the case was permanently closed.

“This case is over. It’s outrageous that it was brought up at all,” Dylan’s attorney Orin Snyder said in a statement, calling the case an “attorney-managed fraud.”

Lawyers for the plaintiff, identified as JC in court documents, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The lawsuit, filed last year, alleges Dylan befriended the girl in May 1965 and formed “an emotional connection” with her in order to “lower her inhibitions about sexually abusing her, which he did.”

According to the lawsuit, multiple counts of abuse occurred in April and May 1965 at Dylan’s apartment in Manhattan’s famous landmark, the Hotel Chelsea.

The lawsuit further alleges that Dylan, now 81, used drugs, alcohol and threats of physical harm. According to the lawsuit, the girl had emotional scars and psychological problems. A spokesman for Dylan said the allegations were “untrue and vigorously defended.”

Prior to the judge’s decision, Snyder had sent Failla a letter suggesting that JC had “destroyed evidence directly relevant to the key allegations of fact in this litigation.”

According to the letter, JC has not prepared any important emails related to the case.

“These are not just any emails. They are emails dated 2021 (after the filing of the lawsuit) to and from the plaintiff herself, discussing and challenging key factual allegations she made in this lawsuit,” the letter reads.

“More specifically, the other participants in these emails directly question inconsistencies and impossibilities in plaintiff’s allegations, and plaintiff responds point-by-point in reply emails that are themselves both internally contradictory and make substantive allegations in this case are incompatible.”

Snyder said that because JC was unable to produce the emails or text messages related to the case, Dylan’s “ability to put forward a fair defense was irretrievably compromised.”

Dylan, who has released more than three dozen albums since 1963 and received the Pulitzer Prize in 2008 for his “profound influence” on American music, released two albums in 1965 – Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited. .

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lawsuit-accusing-bob-dylan-drugging-sexually-assaulting-12-year-old-19-rcna40613 The lawsuit accusing Bob Dylan of drugging and sexually abusing a 12-year-old boy in 1965 is dismissed

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button