By following these simple tricks from a sleep expert, you can fall asleep in just five minutes – why not give it a try if you’re having trouble falling asleep tonight?
Image: Getty Images)
Soon you may be looking at the clock and counting down the hours until you need to be awake.
Luckily, natural health expert and chemist Dr. Tim Bond out Dragonfly CBD shared an incredible hack to help you fall asleep in just five minutes.
He told The Mirror: “There’s an Irish proverb that says ‘A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the book of doctors’.
“Good sleep is vital. It allows your body and mind to recover, so when you wake up you’re refreshed and awake.
“Healthy sleep also helps the body stay healthy and ward off disease, and without adequate sleep, the brain cannot function properly, affecting concentration, clear thinking, and memory processing.”
How to fall asleep in five minutes
Follow these steps for the best chance of falling asleep just five minutes after your head hits the pillow.
- Sit or lie on your bed and slowly relax every muscle in your body.
- Start with your face, tense the muscles, then let them relax and loosen naturally.
- Drop your shoulders to release tension and lower your hands to the sides of your body.
- Exhale and relax your chest. Relax your legs, thighs and calves.
- Repeat this exercise until your body feels completely relaxed. Get all thoughts out of your head. When your brain feels completely clear, imagine yourself in a relaxed situation.
- They are sitting on a balcony overlooking the calm sea on a sunny day
- They gently rock back and forth in a rocking chair in a darkened room
- They swim on their backs in a pool
- Or you can use any other relaxing scene that works for you. If that doesn’t work, try saying the words “don’t think, don’t think” over and over and you should fall asleep in 10 seconds
dr Bond added: “And don’t forget, for a fast, natural snooze, a few drops of Dragonfly CBD ticks all the right boxes to help you feel relaxed and improve sleep, plus it’s fast-acting.
“Dragonfly CBD oil has also been shown to reduce conditioned fears and anxiety that often prevent people from falling asleep quickly, and the World Health Organization has recognized that CBD helps with insomnia.”
More sleep tips
In addition to following these tips, it’s important to understand that routine and exercise are critical to getting a good night’s sleep.
Routine is incredibly important because if you stick to your regular bedtime schedule, your body will know what to do.
dr Bond added: “Unwinding before bed will also help prepare you. As part of your routine, include relaxation elements that work for you (like taking a warm bath, listening to an audio book or some favorite songs), reducing screen time, and giving mindfulness a try.”
If you can, Dr. Bond talks about exercise every day, which “helps release endorphins,” the feel-good hormone.
This “makes us feel better and better equipped to deal with things, which in turn gives us a calmer mind when it comes to sleep”.
He added, “Gentle relaxation exercises (like light yoga stretches) before bed can also prove very beneficial as they relax our muscles and prepare us for recovery.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/sleep-expert-shares-easy-hack-26614037 The sleep expert shares a simple hack to help you fall asleep in just five minutes