World Tourism Day is celebrated annually on September 27 to promote tourism worldwide and raise awareness of the importance of travel.
World Tourism Day was established in 1980 by the UNWTO General Assembly to commemorate the anniversary of the adoption of the UNWTO Statutes on September 27, 1970. The date was also chosen as an ideal time to celebrate as it marks the end of high season in the northern hemisphere and the start of the season in the southern hemisphere.
The theme for this year’s World Tourism Day was chosen as “Rethinking Tourism” to enable people to rethink how the tourism sector can be made more sustainable, inclusive and resilient. This includes encouraging everyone from governments and businesses to local communities to focus on putting people and planet first as they work together to achieve the vision.
Here are some interesting quotes that will inspire you to travel around the world:
- “Travel – it leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “Making trips! Try it…there’s nothing else.” – Tennessee-Williams
- “We do not travel to escape life, but so that life does not escape us.” – Unknown
- “I’m not a great book, I’m not a great artist, but I love art and I love food, so I’m the perfect traveler.” – Michael Palin
- “I’m not the same when I’ve seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Those who do not travel do not know the value of people.” – Moorish proverb
- “A man does not grow out of the ground like a vine or a tree, he is not part of a property. Man has legs so that he can walk.” – Roman Payne, The Wanderer
- “Travelling is certainly more than sightseeing; it is a profound and lasting change in attitude towards life.” – Miriam Bart
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
- “Travel makes you humble. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
- “Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection.” – Unknown
- “Once you have traveled, the journey never ends… The mind can never break away from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
https://www.ibtimes.com.au/world-tourism-day-theme-year-inspiring-quotes-about-travel-1838836?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution Theme for the year, inspirational quotes about travel