Thomas O’Halloran, 87, was repeatedly stabbed in the neck and chest in a “vicious attack,” the court said

A man accused of repeatedly stabbing an elderly mobility scooter driver in the neck, chest and abdomen faces a preliminary trial next spring.

ee Byer, 44, is believed to have killed 87-year-old Thomas O’Halloran in what a prosecutor has described as a “vicious attack” in Greenford, west London, on August 16.

Just after 4pm, police received a 999 call from a member of the public who found the victim on his scooter coming from a passageway between Runneymede Gardens and Welland Gardens.

At that point, Mr O’Halloran was able to tell the passer-by that he had been stabbed, although obvious wounds could be seen on his body.

Police arrived within minutes to find Mr O’Halloran had collapsed and was being helped by members of the public.

Police and paramedics administered first aid, but he was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:54 p.m.

A post-mortem found the grandfather, who was known “to the whole local community,” suffered multiple stab wounds to his neck, chest and abdomen.

Byer, who is of no fixed address, was charged on August 19 with the murder of Mr O’Halloran and possession of a large knife.

On Tuesday he made his first appearance at the Old Bailey before London Clerk, Judge Mark Lucraft QC.

The accused emerged from custody at Belmarsh Prison via video link wearing a gray tracksuit.

Judge Lucraft has scheduled a hearing for November 8 with a preliminary trial of up to three weeks beginning May 2, 2023.

He put the accused in custody.

Mr O’Halloran, originally from Co Clare in the west of Ireland, was a passionate musician and was described as ‘very popular’ in Greenford, often busking for charity.

Footage on social media shows him collecting street music for Ukraine months before the murder.

He leaves behind his family, including his sister, two brothers, nieces and nephews.

Fine Gael Senator Martin Conway said Mr O’Halloran had regularly visited Ireland and that his death had left his home community in Ennistymon in “deep shock and sadness”.

“Tommy, as he was known, left Ennistymon for London 71 years ago but traveled home almost every year until about 10 years ago,” he said. Thomas O’Halloran, 87, was repeatedly stabbed in the neck and chest in a “vicious attack,” the court said

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button