Tiger Woods shows real Adare-ing-do by coming to the rescue of a woman hit by a ball

Tiger Woods went from golf great to Adare hero yesterday when he rushed to the rescue of a woman who was hit by an erratic ball.

While every spectator at the JP McManus Pro-Am wanted to meet the superstar, such unusual circumstances were arguably not foreseen.

Woods spoke to the woman as she was helped on the ground by other spectators, and photos showed her smiling as she looked up to see the 15-time Major winner at her side.

The unfortunate woman was struck at the first hole after the British business tycoon and former The Dragon’s Lair Star Peter Jones has missed his drive.

Meanwhile, off the course, cash registers rang in shops in Adare as the wives and girlfriends of the golfers taking part in the Pro-Am charity received €10,000 in prepaid gift cards to spend at local shops.

The streets of Limerick village may not be paved with gold, but they are not far from filling potholes with silver thanks to the “generosity” of local billionaire JP McManus, who organized the golf spectacle.

It’s understood that 20 percent of every purchase made with the cards goes to Midwestern charities, while the store where the sale is made keeps the remaining 80 percent.

Kay Mulcaire, owner of the Isobel boutique on Adare’s main street, said Irish Independent The Golf Wags had splurged on the gift card at their store, which offers “tax-free shopping” to international customers by offering free shipping on luxury clothing.

“Since last Wednesday, the wives have been coming to the store – they have received a gift of 10,000 euros to spend in the village. They couldn’t believe it, they said they had never received anything like it, they thought it was overkill,” Ms Mulcaire said.

“There were 60 of these (cards) given out at €10,000 each, it’s amazing.”

The prepaid credit cards can only be redeemed in shops in the village to ensure the local economy is boosted by the Manor,” explained Ms Mulcaire, who hopes to soon double her workforce from six to 12.

“It is meant to give back to the local economy and be spent in Adare. For us it’s the lottery, a great idea and (JP McManus) just keeps giving back, he thinks it’s not just about Adare Manor.

“All the wives and girlfriends come in but they’re not looking for VIP treatment, they’re really normal,” Ms Mulcaire added.

“The sky is the limit, it’s not just the Gulf, it’s the caliber of people that come to Adare Manor and they want to shop and I have a strong belief that we could open a Chanel store and it would work would.

“I mean, we’re out of cashmere sweaters and they’re not cheap. This village is so small but the purchasing power comes from Adare Manor which is majestic.”

Asling Maher, who also runs her own luxury clothing boutique in the village, agreed Mr McManus’ card initiative had given her business a “massive boost”.

“All the boutiques in the village are involved, it was a really good incentive to give to all the golf wives and friends, encourage them to get out of the manor, see the village and give us all a boost too. since the village was closed to normal trade.”

Trish Houlihan, Adare Heritage Centre’s Office Manager, has also noted an increase in visitors. “The Pro-Am has been long awaited, the village has been looking forward to it and we are all dying to get going post Covid – and to be fair the weather is in our favor for golfing and to see people again is wonderful.”

Claire Staunton, owner of The Good Room restaurant and cafe, has also taken a slice of the Manor pie.

“It’s really nice, there’s a lot of people around – there’s a lot of hype,” she said.

Meanwhile, more gold will be mined in the village when Adare Manor hosts the Ryder Cup in 2027 – which is estimated to boost the local economy by €200m.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/tiger-woods-shows-real-adare-ing-do-by-coming-to-the-aid-of-woman-hit-by-ball-41816994.html Tiger Woods shows real Adare-ing-do by coming to the rescue of a woman hit by a ball

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button