Toddler dies after being treated for choking on popcorn by ‘drunk’ doctor

A year-and-a-half-year-old child who choked on popcorn has died after being treated by an allegedly drunk doctor in India.

The incident happened in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. The child’s family said she was taken to a hospital in the Sirauli Gauspur area after a popcorn kernel got stuck in her throat on Sunday, the Press Trust of India reported, according to NDTV.

The family said they waited an hour for the doctor who was supposed to be on duty at the time. Later the doctor – identified as Dr. Dharmendra Gupta – “drunk” in hospital, family said.

The doctor then attended to the unidentified child, after which she died in hospital.

Sirauli Gauspur’s Chief Medical Superintendent (CMS), Dr. Neelum Gupta said Dr. Gupta was dismissed from the service. A team of three doctors has launched an investigation into the incident.

According to media reports, Dr. Gupta insulted the family after the child’s death and suggested that the mother give birth to another baby to cope with the loss. The victim’s family and other villagers protested after Dr. gupta

Chief Medical Officer Awadhesh Kumar Yadav said Tuesday that a video of Dr. Gupta making the comments was shared online.

A committee was formed to investigate allegations against the doctor of using indecent language. A case of negligence was also registered in the hospital.

Yadav said that if found guilty, strict action will be taken against the doctor.

Meanwhile, a local police officer said he was aware of the incident but no formal complaint had been filed as of Tuesday, Daily Thanthi reported [Google Translate showed].

In June, a 32-year-old woman lost her child at birth in a negligent case in Pakistan. The woman underwent multiple surgeries after a breech delivery that reportedly severed the child’s head from the torso. According to local media reports, hospital staff severed the newborn baby’s head after it became stuck in the womb. The Mithi District Health Officer was conducting an investigation into the incident at the time.

Related Articles

https://www.ibtimes.com.au/toddler-dies-after-being-treated-drunk-doctor-choking-popcorn-1838905?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution Toddler dies after being treated for choking on popcorn by ‘drunk’ doctor

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button