Toddler with severe burns dies in hospital, family blames medical negligence

A child aged one and a half died Thursday while being treated for burns at a hospital in India.

The infant, identified as Sera Mariya Prince, suffered severe burns after boiled milk fell on her on September 12.

The incident happened while her mother was making tea in the morning. The woman was carrying the jar of milk when the child hugged her mother from behind and grabbed her clothes. The vessel slipped out of the mother’s hand and the hot milk fell on the girl, her father told Onmanorama.

The girl suffered burns on the left side of her body. Her family then rushed her to a private hospital in the southern state of Kerala.

She had been in treatment for 15 days, Mathrubhumi reported on Thursday.

The victim’s father claimed that there was negligence on the part of hospital staff which resulted in the child’s death. The father also filed a complaint against the hospital.

Hospital authorities dismissed the negligence claim, saying the child suffered 40% burns.

The child’s health had improved in the first few days of treatment, but she was later diagnosed with an infection and pneumonia. Authorities said a few days after being admitted to the hospital, the child’s health deteriorated and she died.

An autopsy has been performed and police are awaiting the report.

Earlier this week, a child aged 1.5 and a half choked on popcorn after being treated by a ‘drunk’ doctor in India. The incident happened in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. The child’s family said she was taken to a hospital after a popcorn kernel got stuck in her throat. The family claimed the doctor on duty was an hour late and arrived at the hospital drunk. The doctor then attended to the unidentified child, after which she died in hospital. Sirauli Gauspur’s Chief Medical Superintendent, Dr. Neelum Gupta said the doctor was dismissed from duty after the child’s death. A team of three doctors has launched an investigation into the incident.

Related Articles

https://www.ibtimes.com.au/toddler-severe-burns-dies-hospital-family-alleges-medical-negligence-1838999?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution Toddler with severe burns dies in hospital, family blames medical negligence

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button