News

Tottenham vs Arsenal predictions: top 4 Premier League races, games remaining, odds

The Premier League is not just about titles and relegation, the fight for the Uefa Champions League qualification is also hotly contested with only three games left in the 2021/2022 season.

With the top five teams having played 35 games each, defending champions Manchester City are currently favorites to defeat the holders, while Pep Guardiola currently has 86 points, three points clear of title rivals Liverpool.

The race for a place in the top four is also fiercely contested, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur all still in contention for third or fourth place. Chelsea are currently third with 67 points from 35 games, with Arsenal on 66 and Tottenham on 62.

Third-placed Chelsea, five points clear of Spurs in fifth, “should have enough to secure their current position,” continued Jack Cunningham talkSPORT. As such, it appears to be “a straight shootout” between bitter rivals Arsenal and Spurs. But there could still be “some twists and turns”.

“Biggest meeting in years”

Arsenal travel to Spurs on Thursday night for what has been described as “seismic” by Henry Winter The times. ‘Finally’, this is a North London derby that ‘really matters’.

In last weekend’s results, Arsenal beat Leeds United 2-1 at home while Spurs drew 1-1 with Liverpool at Anfield. Ahead of Thursday’s derby, the Gunners have a four-point lead and travel to Tottenham Hotspur knowing that a win would see them return to the Champions League for the first time since the 2016/17 season.

This “massive” clash is the “biggest clash between these two rivals in years,” said Jonathan Gorrie in the London evening standard. And “barring a late Chelsea collapse”, Europe’s elite competition will “probably only be big enough for one of them”.

Thursday’s north London derby starts at 7.45pm and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

North London derby predictions

Tottenham “just have to win” and certainly “have to have the kind of attacking talent” to damage their rivals, Gorrie told the London Evening Standard. But as strong as Spurs are at home under Antonio Conte, Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal have “learned how to carve out results” and Gorrie predicts a 1-1 draw.

Conte’s side are “buoyed by their outstanding performance” against Liverpool and should uncover the Gunners’ recent “defensive mistakes” to keep the fourth-place race alive a little longer, Ben Knapton said sports mole. He has predicted a 2-1 win for Spurs.

After their impressive display at Anfield, Gary Neville also backs Spurs to beat Arsenal. The game was postponed in January at Arsenal’s request – as the Gunners had “many players unavailable” due to Covid, injuries and players taking their countries away at the Africa Cup of Nations – and Neville believes there was “needle.” “ will give. for the clash. “I think it’s going to be a really tasty game – not just because it’s a north London derby and they’re playing for Champions League places.” he said on his podcast. “But the way that game was canceled earlier in the year – even I wasn’t too happy with it! I like Tottenham on Thursday nights. I thought they were brilliant at Anfield.”

As Neville tips Spurs to win, former England international Micah Richards tips the Gunners. “I think Arsenal yes,” he said last week The Monday Night Club on BBC Radio 5 Live. “I just think with their form and winning the last three, I’m going to Arsenal.”

According to StatsPerform’s winning probability stats, Tottenham have a 41.2% chance on Thursday, while Arsenal have a 30.5% chance. Squawka.com reported. The probability of the game ending in a draw is 28.3%.

The four best betting odds

Bookmakers make Arsenal second favorites behind Chelsea to complete the Premier League top 4 and qualify for the Champions League. Chelsea’s odds of 1/200 are “a fair reflection of their prospects given the games remaining,” he said The Daily Telegraph. Arsenal are 3/10 and Tottenham 5/2. As per the latest odds, Chelsea have a 99% chance of finishing in the top four, while Arsenal have a 77% chance and Tottenham have a 29% chance.

Premier League top 5 games remaining

Manchester City
  • May 11: Wolves (away)
  • 15 May: West Ham (away)
  • May 22: Aston Villa (home)
Liverpool
  • 10 May: Aston Villa (away)
  • 17 May: Southampton (away)
  • May 22: Wolves (Home)
Chelsea
  • 11 May: Leeds (away)
  • 19 May: Leicester City (home)
  • 22 May: Watford (home)
arsenal
  • 12 May: Tottenham (away)
  • 16 May: Newcastle (away)
  • 22 May: Everton (home)
Tottenham
  • 12 May: Arsenal (home)
  • 15 May: Burnley (home)
  • 22 May: Norwich City (away)

https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/sport/football/956688/tottenham-vs-arsenal-predictions-premier-league-top-four-race Tottenham vs Arsenal predictions: top 4 Premier League races, games remaining, odds

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button