Travelers evicted from Worthing after night of chaos in pubs

TRAVELERS have been evicted from a supermarket car park after pubs fell into disarray during a night of chaos.

Cans of beer that had not been bought in the pubs were strewn on the floor, food wrappers and tables were vandalized with permanent markers.

Travelers in the Morrisons car park in Newland Street, Worthing, half a mile from the pubs, were evicted by Sussex Police on Friday morning.

The Argus: A table was vandalized in a pub on Thursday, leaving rubbish on the floorA table was destroyed in a pub on Thursday and rubbish was left on the floor

A man who asked to remain anonymous claimed people were “urinating on the floor in the bar area” and “pooing in the sinks”.

He said: “Customers are absolutely shocked and appalled. These people were inside and trashed the place, they bought their own alcohol while the bar stopped serving.

“There was painting on tables, urinating on the floor in the bar area, excrement in the sinks, rubbish on the floor.

“People are sad about it. Will there be more police around this weekend?”

The Argus: Trash strewn on the bar floorGarbage strewn on the floor of the bar

Fosters and Carlsberg cans were strewn on the floor, along with a can of deodorant, crisps and packets of Dairylea Dunker.

Police were in Worthing city center on Thursday after reports of anti-social behavior were reported.

The pubs believed to have been affected were Three Fishes Wetherspoons, Slug and Lettuce, O’Connors and Thieves Kitchen.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: “Sussex Police were responding to reports of anti-social behavior involving a large group of people gathering at pubs in Warwick Street and Chapel Road in Worthing just before 8pm on Thursday had gathered.

“Police officers, including specialist public order officers, were present at both scenes to liaise with business owners and the group to ensure the safety of the public and minimize disruption to the wider community.

The Argus: Worthing Police on ThursdayWorthing Police on Thursday

“The group broke up just after midnight and some returned to an unauthorized camp in the Morrisons supermarket car park on Newland Street.

“Police force was used to evacuate the camp on Friday morning, September 2nd, and the group left the area.

“No arrests have been made in connection with the incidents at the pubs but the investigation is ongoing.” Travelers evicted from Worthing after night of chaos in pubs

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button