Travis Scott releases first new song since 10 people died in Astroworld tragedy
Travis Scott is making his musical comeback five months after the tragedy at his Astroworld concert in Texas that killed ten and injured hundreds more
Video not available
Travis Scott has released his first song since the death of 10 people at his Astroworld concert last November.
The US rapper released the track, titled “Hold That Heat,” five months after the Houston Music Festival tragedy.
A nine-year-old boy was among the victims after crowds poured out in front of the stage.
Since then, the 30-year-old has kept a low profile, only performing in February on the Kanye West song Pablo from the Donda 2 album.
He dropped Hold That Heat on Friday in a collaboration with rapper Future and producer Southside.
In the music video, Travis can be seen holding on to a “pet” alligator that is wrapped around his neck with a metal chain.
Get the biggest showbiz news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Mirror Showbiz newsletter.
The trio appear to be smoking what appears to be marijuana while sitting on a sofa together.
Another clip from the music video features a pole dancer wearing a mesh bodystocking.
The video, which was posted to Southside’s YouTube channel, has already garnered nearly 2 million views in just 24 hours of its release.
Fans were quick to support Travis’ new track, saying the rapper “never disappoints.”
Another wrote: “Glad to see Trav out there again. I hope we get more music.”
A third added: “Travis back with a new flow. Say what you say about him, but this man remains one of the great artists of the last decade. He just knows how to make good music.”
In December, a post-mortem report revealed that all 10 victims of the Astroworld concert died from accidental “compression asphyxia.”
The dead were Danish Baig, 27, Rodolfo Peña, 23, Madison Dubiski, 23, Bharti Shahan, 22, Franco Patiño, 21, Axel Acosta, 21, Jacob Jurinek, 20, Brianna Rodriguez, 16, John Hilgert, 14, and the nine-year-old Ezra Blount.
After the tragic incident, Travis offered to pay for the victims’ funeral expenses — but some families declined.
He is now facing a lawsuit along with promoter Live Nation from 2,800 victims who were at the concert, brought in a huge combined case.
In addition to the 10 dead, hundreds more were injured on November 5th.
The plaintiffs are demanding billions in damages and accuse negligence in the planning and management of the music festival.
When Travis first spoke about it in December, he said, “I didn’t know the exact details until minutes before the press conference [after my set].
“And even in that moment you’re like, ‘Wait, what?’ People pass out, things happen at concerts, but something like this…”
He continued: “I stopped it a couple of times to make sure everyone was okay.
“You can only help what you can see and what you are told, whenever they tell you to stop, you stop.”
Do you have a story to sell? contact us under email@example.com or call us directly on 0207 29 33033.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/travis-scott-releases-first-new-26779143 Travis Scott releases first new song since 10 people died in Astroworld tragedy