CONOR MCGREGOR hasn’t fought in the UFC since losing a three-part fight to Dustin Poirier last July, with no plans for his next fight.
UFC head Dana White has teased fans, with the possibility of an epic trilogy clash with McGregor’s longtime rival Nate Diaz.
Diaz is said to have recently signed a new contract with White’s promotion, and was later asked about whether that could include another meeting with McGregor.
Talking to ESPNWhite replied: “Probably. I think Conor will be back in the summer. But I don’t know for sure. It depends on how his leg heals.
“There’s a million things that could happen between now and then. Even speculating is stupid. I stopped doing it.
“When McGregor contacted me and told me he was 100% ready to start training, then we would start talking about what was possible for Conor.”
McGregor and Diaz fought two epic fights in 2016, with one victory going to them.
And a three-part fight would be the perfect way to settle a showdown that is sure to go down in UFC history.
SPECIAL BET – GET €50 IN FREE BET WITH BOYLESPORTS
With McGregor’s Last Fight Against Poirier also a trio, Notorious can make the same choice again the next time.
The 33-year-old man has yet to return after suffering a Horrible leg break in loss to Poirier at UFC 264.
But recently image of a stacked McGregor hints that the former champion is targeting a return to action this year.
The images that appear before two Molotov cocktails were thrown at McGregor’s Black Forge Inn in Dublin last week.
Police are investigating an attempt to cause criminal damage following traumatic events.
Speculation is also mounting that maybe fighting against YouTube sensation Jake Paul on card.
McGregor even follows Paul’s boxing manager on Instagram to add fuel to the flames of a future duel.
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/mma/8239021/nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-dana-white-ufc/ Tuesday’s bout with Nate Diaz could be next for Conor McGregor admits Dana White but UFC chief says nothing concrete