Former world darts champion Ted Hankey has been charged with sexual assault.
The Cheshire Police spokesman said the 54-year-old had been charged in connection with an incident in Cheshire last September.
A police spokesman said: “The Crown Prosecution Service has authorized the Cheshire Constabulary to charge Edward Hankey with sexually assaulting a woman.
“The CPS made the decision to charge the 54-year-old after reviewing an evidence file from the Cheshire Constabulary.”
The former professional darts player from Wendover Grove, Berry Hill, Stoke-on-Trent, has been released on bail and will appear at Warrington Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, police said.
Hankey, whose nickname is The Count, is a two-time World Professional Darts Champion.
He first qualified for the BDO World Championship in 1998 and won in 2000 and 2009.
Last December it was announced that Hankey was withdrawing from the World Seniors Darts Championship which was held in February.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/two-time-darts-world-champion-ted-hankey-charged-with-sexual-assault-41508487.html Two-time darts world champion Ted Hankey has been charged with sexual assault