British heavyweights Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte will finally treat fans to the battle they’ve been waiting for after the deal has finally been signed.
Video not available
Fury has accused Whyte of “undermining” him because the deadline for a deal deal is fast approaching, but with just hours left, Whyte has put pen to paper on the deal to face the world heavyweight champion. world to confirm the match will take place.
The champion remains undefeated in his boxing career after 31 wins and just one draw, while Whyte – the mandatory challenger – has 28 wins and two losses in his 30-fight career.
The countdown is currently underway until the two heavyweights face off against each other in a highly anticipated fight in just two months’ time, with the showdown scheduled for April 23.
After some speculation about where the showdown will take place, it has been confirmed that Wembley will be the center stage for the all-England fight, with Fury fighting at home for the first time since 2018.
Fury’s last fight in the UK came in Belfast when he beat Francesco Pianeta by points, with his following five fights all taking place across ponds in the United States.
It was in California where Fury failed to taste victory for the first time, but since then Nevada has been his home, picking up two wins before defeating the ‘bronze bomber’ Deontay Wilder twice by knockout and technical knockout.
This is expected to be a great sight in London, where Fury hasn’t fought since 2015.
But according to Frank Warren, the promoter behind Queensberry Promotions, it was no less than what he deserved, who won the purse strings bid to organize the fight.
” Tyson Fury Going home to fight under the dome at Wembley Stadium is a well-deserved reward for the world’s number one heavyweight after crossing the Atlantic in an epic trilogy against Deontay Wilder,” said Warren.
“The fact that his mandatory defense of his WBC title against another Briton only increases the chances. They are two of the biggest figures in British sport and the two often have a lot to say. .
“It will be an incredible night and a great opportunity for sport in this country that will capture the imaginations of fans around the world.”
Although Fury remains the favorite candidate to retain his title, the champion has announced that he will be holding a “blackout” from social media to focus on the fight, show the ultimate respect for one’s opponent.
In a video sent to fans, Fury said: “I’m going to be completely off social media for the next eight and a half weeks. I have to go to training camp to give Dillian Whyte the respect in the world.
“I will never underestimate anyone in my life, and I will give this man all the respect he deserves, as the ranked WBC challenger. number 1 in the world today.
“Please don’t call me, call me, email me, text me or try to contact me in any way, as I’m off-limits until May.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-dillian-whyte-boxing-26333597 Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte location and date confirmed for heavyweight bout