Urgent recall of children’s magnetic puzzle toys due to choking hazard and risk of “intestinal perforation”.

A magnetic puzzle toy for children has been urgently recalled due to choking hazards and “intestinal perforation”.

The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission announced this today.

The puzzle has been recalled


The puzzle has been recalledCredit: CCPC
The CCPC has warned of a choking hazard


The CCPC has warned of a choking hazardPhoto credit: Getty Images – Getty

The recalled toy is the Janod Chunky Fruits and Vegetables Set Magnetic Puzzle.

The brand is Janod. The model type/number is j06606. The barcode is 3700217366063 and the batch number is All batches.

The CCPC warned parents that the product poses a risk of choking and bowel perforation or obstruction.

The CCPC said: “The risk associated with the product is choking.

Irish online lottery player wins life-changing top prize in Plus 1 draw
Big hit as ECB raises mortgage rates by 0.5% and MORE rate hike imminent

“The product contains small detachable parts (magnets) that could be swallowed by a child who could then choke on them.

“If the child swallows two magnets or one magnet and a piece of metal, there is a risk of intestinal perforation or obstruction.”

Anyone who bought the product was urged to stop using it immediately and bring it back to the store for a refund.

The CCPC added: “If you have purchased any of these products, please stop using them immediately and return them to the store where you purchased them for a full refund.”

Meanwhile, TK Maxx and Homesense have issued an urgent recall of a plug-in night light.

The salt lamp style light poses a risk of electric shock and fire.

TJX Ireland Unlimited Company, which owns TK Maxx and Homesense, has issued the recall of the Aroma Home Plug-In Salt Lamp Night Light.

The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission said the light did not meet safety standards and could cause “electric shock or fire”.


The CCPC said: “The risks posed by the product are electric shock and fire.

“The product’s connector pin dimensions and construction do not meet required safety standards.

“The construction of the product allows moisture from the salt lamp to drip onto metal parts with mains voltage supply.

“This may result in electric shock or fire.”

The brand of the product is Aroma Home.

The type/model number is GL093 and the batch numbers are 700540, 700545, 700549 and 700552.

The affected product was available from December 2022 to January 2023.

There are approximately 216 affected products in the Republic of Ireland.

If customers have purchased any of the products, they can request a full refund.

Aer Lingus plane does not land at Dublin Airport as everyone says the same thing
How a twitching eye can be a sign of something serious - and when to see your GP

The CCPC stated: “Customers should stop using the product immediately and return it to a TK Maxx or Homesense store for a full refund.

“If customers have additional questions about this recall, please email TK Maxx at customerservice@tjxeurope.com or call 01 2476126.”

https://www.thesun.ie/money/10160472/urgent-recall-children-toy-parents-warned-choking/ Urgent recall of children’s magnetic puzzle toys due to choking hazard and risk of “intestinal perforation”.

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button