News

Urgent warning of deadly champagne bottles sparked in ecstasy as man dies – World News

Health officials have warned people to check champagne bottles after a man died and several were taken to hospital when their drink was spiked – with a sip of the drink could be deadly

A man died in Germany after drinking an alcoholic drink
A man died in Germany after drinking an alcoholic drink

A champagne drinker died after drinking an expensive bottle of cava laced with ecstasy.

Dutch health authorities warned drinkers to check their bottles after four people were hospitalized after sharing the tampered £365 bottle.

A night out in Germany ended in tragedy when eight people had to see a doctor after ordering a bottle at a restaurant, killing a 52-year-old man.

Authorities are now investigating how the drug got into their drinks.

According to reports from Bavaria, the three-liter bottle contained 1,000 times a single dose of ecstasy.

Chief Public Prosecutor Gerd Schäfer said: “There were things in there that are not normally in Champagne. It was toxic, poisonous.”







People have been warned to look for tampering
(

Image:

NVWA)

The investigators assume negligent homicide, a police spokesman told Bayerischer Rundfunk.

The bottles are believed to have been purchased from the same website.

Those in the mood for a drink were advised to check their bottles before popping the cork to avoid disaster.

MailOnline Report from the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority said: “Recently in both Germany and the Netherlands a bottle [three-litre Moët & Chandon Ice Imperial] It was found to be filled with the hard drug MDMA.

“Touching and/or drinking the contents of the bottles is life threatening. This has led to seven very serious illnesses and one death in Germany.”

Producer Moet Hennessy told authorities the site has yet to be identified.







The bottles are believed to have been purchased from the same mysterious website
(

Image:

NVWA)

Manipulated bottles can be recognized by the fact that the drink does not fizz when poured into a glass.

But they have warned that a single sip could be fatal.

A spokesman said: “Even dipping your fingertip in the liquid and tasting it can cause serious health problems, even if you don’t swallow it.

“People shouldn’t touch the contents, let alone taste them. A small sip can be deadly.”

The warning applies to 3 liter bottles of Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial with serial number LAJ7QAB6780004.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/urgent-warning-over-deadly-champagne-26396858 Urgent warning of deadly champagne bottles sparked in ecstasy as man dies - World News

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button