Video Game Accessibility Award 2021 – All Winners
The 2nd Annual Video Game Accessibility Awards have arrived and they’ve honored the games that have gone above and beyond to push the accessibility standard by offering their games for many other games.
The winners were announced during a live stream hosted by Accessibility Awards co-creators Steven Spohn and Alanah Pearce. Alanah Pearce, former member of IGN is a writer for Sony Santa Monica, and Steven Spohn is a Senior Director of AbleGamers, and the awards program was established in partnership with AbleGames to highlight these games in action. amazing in accessibility.
Video Game Accessibility Award Winner 2021
The jury is comprised entirely of gamers with disabilities, and the categories are based on the principles of accessibility that AbleGamers created as a tool for game developers.
There are nine categories in total, and Halo Infinite leads with two wins in Clear Text and Training Grounds. Guardians of the Galaxy, Before Your Eyes, Forza Horizon 5, Far Cry 6, It Takes Two, Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker and Life Is Strange: True Colors also took home prizes.
The full list of winners and nominees for the 2021 Video Game Accessibility Award is as follows;
Second channel – For games that provide players with a means or second interface to get information they may need to progress.
- Before Your Eyes – GoodbyeWorld Games, Skybound Games
- Unpacking – Witch Beam, Humble Bundle
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Eidos-Montréal, Square Enix – WINNER
Delete text – For games that allow players to reliably read in-game text or game interfaces.
- Boyfriend Dungeon – Kitfox Game
- Loop Hero – Four Quarters, Devolver Digital
- Halo Infinite – 343 Industries, Xbox Game Studios – WINNER
Reduce input – For games that allow the player to reduce the amount of input reduction required to successfully execute a sequence of actions required by the game.
- Before Your Eyes – GoodbyeWorld Games, Skybound Games – WINNER
- Tight Space Combat – Ground Shatter, Game Mode 7
- Escape From Tarkov – Battlestate Games
AI Support – For games that allow the player to progress through challenges with AI assistance in the game.
- Forza Horizon 5 – Playground Game, Xbox Game Studios – WINNER
- Far Cry 6 – Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft
- Psychonauts 2 – Double Fine, Xbox Game Studios
Improved accuracy – For games that allow players to increase or decrease things like motion sensitivity so they can be precise with their actions in the game or the look and feel of the game.
- Chivalry 2 – Torn Banner Studios, Tripwire Interactive
- Far Cry 6 – Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft – WINNER
- Back 4 Blood – Turtle Rock Studios, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Remarkable progress on accessibility for 2021