WE ALL have a favorite car from the movies that we wish we could get behind the wheel.
Whether it comes out in an action superhero movie or a timeless TV sitcom – those motives have been stuck in our minds for years.
But now, a team of digital reviewers at Leasing.com have shown movie fans how one of these motives can keep you coming back.
Compiling a list of well-known engines, they base their findings on how much it would cost to rent if they were to come to market on a three-year lease.
The list of ten cars covers legendary cars from James Bond to Batman and reveals how much it costs to rent each motorbike per month.
Unsurprisingly topping the list is James Bond’s iconic Aston Martin DB5.
Experts believe the legendary car – which first appeared on our screens in the 1964 Bond classic ‘Goldfinger’ – could end up costing you £28,787.38 a month.
Needless to say, it was a couple of Vodka Martinis.
But the silver coupe – last sold at auction for £3.45m – isn’t the only expensive car on the list.
The listing also reveals how Batman’s Batmobile fans may need £6,258 a month to have Christian Bale’s ‘Tumbler’ on their driveway.
While Doctor Emmett Brown’s Back to the Future, DeLorean DMC estimates it will rake in fans £3,385.64 a month if it hits the rental market.
The listing also shows Del Boy’s infamous yellow trusty Robin from Only Fools and Horses
That figure is estimated to be around £346.88 per month – Bonnet de douche!
“Our research shows that leasing helps make some of our dream engines achievable,” said Dave Timmis, CEO of Leasing.com, who compiled the numbers.
Driving the controller
Top 10 most expensive cars/TV series by Leasing.com
- James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5 – £28,787.38 per month
- Steve McQueen’s Bullitt Mustang GT390 – £23,155.06 per month
- Christian Bale’s Tumbler Batmobile – £6,258.13 per month
- Paul Walker’s The Fast & Furious Toyota Supra – £3,441.97 per month
- Doc’s Back to the Future DeLorean DMC – £3,385.64 per month
- The Duke of Hazard General Lee – £2,816.15 per month
- Ghost Busters Ecto-1 – £1,473.38 per month
- Herbie fully loaded – £671.88 per month
- Del Boy’s Trusted Robin – £346.88 per month
- Gene Hunt’s Ashes for Audi Quattro – £321.65 per month
https://www.thesun.ie/motors/8480107/james-bond-aston-martin-cost-of-leasing-movie-cars/ Want to drive James Bond’s Aston Martin? The cost of renting iconic cars in the movie is revealed