Kia EV6 was crowned What Car? Car of the Year for 2022.
The electric car SUV beat out all gas, diesel and hybrid vehicles to take the top spot of the annual award.
UK prices start from £40,945 for the plug-in family car.
The most popular model of the vehicle is Kia EV6 RWD GT-line and the one to be introduced as the best new car of 2022.
The EV6 boasts an official range of 328 miles, according to the lab tests cited in the car sales brochure.
When it comes to electric cars, it’s convenient to have one fast recharge time.
The Kia EV6 can be charged from 10 to 80% in just 18 minutes.
It has some speed under its belt, hitting 62mph in 7.3 seconds.
This is only the second time a zero-emission vehicle has won the prestigious car award.
What car? Editor Steve Huntingford said: “Once again, Kia has set a new benchmark for an electric vehicle.
“The EV6 is a great all-rounder that answers EV buyers questions about range and charge time brilliantly.
“Hot after the e-Niro win in 2019, this Car of the Year solidifies Kia’s position alongside Tesla as one of the most exciting electric car makers on the planet. ”
The winning part is Kia’s second win for four years after the electric e-Niro won back in 2019.
“This is just the beginning for Kia in our rapid electrification journey,” said Kia boss Paul Philpott.
What car? Winner Car of the Year 2022
- Small car – Honda Jazz SR
- Family Car – Seat Leon 1.5 TSI 130 Evo FR
- Small SUV – Ford Puma 1.0 Ecoboost Hybrid (mHEV)
- Family SUV – Volvo XC40 Recharge T4 Plus (Dark Theme)
- Electric SUV – Kia EV6 RWD GT-Line
- Large SUV – Hyundai Santa Fe 4WD Premium
- Luxury SUV – BMW X5 xDrive45e M Sport
- Sport SUV – Ford Puma ST 1.5 Ecoboost 200 Performance Pack
- Hybrid (plug-in) – Lexus NX 450h + F Sport Premium Plus Pack
- Small electric car – Cupra Born 58kWh V2
- Large electric car – Tesla Model 3 Long Range
- Executive Car – BMW 3 Series 330e M Sport (M Sport Pro Package)
- Luxury car – BMW 5 Series 530e M Sport (M Sport Pro Package)
- Real Estate – Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDI 150 SEL
- MPV – Volkswagen Touran 1.5 TSI 150 SE
- Pick–up – Ford Ranger 2.0L EcoBlue 213PS Wildtrack automatic
- Hot hatch – Mercedes-AMG A45 S Plus
- Performance car – Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
- Coupe – BMW 4 Series 420i M Sport (M Sport Pro Package)
- Convertible – BMW 4 Series Convertible 420i (M Sport Pro Package)
- Sports car – Porsche Cayman GTS
- Reliability Award – Lexus
- True MPG Award – Toyota Yaris Cross 1.5 petrol hybrid
- Innovation Award – Gridserve
- Safety Award – Nissan Qashqai
- Tow truck award – Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi 3 DCT
- Reader’s Award – All-new Range Rover 2022
- Car of the Year – Kia EV6 RWD GT-Line
Check out The Sun’s review of the winner, Kia EV6.
Plus, he’s five reasons why Solar car of the year Nissan Qashqai.
https://www.thesun.ie/motors/8241490/what-cars-car-of-the-year-2022/ What car of the year 2022