EMMA RADUCANU is back competing at the Australian Open as she sets her sights on another stunning Grand Slam.
Brit teenager, 19 years old, became a global star after won last year’s US Open at Flushing Meadows.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET £10 FREE BONUS WITH 100 GAMES TO PLAY AND NO BETS (Applicable Ts&C)
Voted Sports Personality of the Year by BBC and in his return from Covid-19 infection, Raducanu will be at the Australian Open for the first time.
Who will Emma Raducanu play next?
Since her famous win in the US just four months ago, Raducanu has gone from a virtual name to a household name.
Her form has been erratic since that win, with Brit losing four of her six matches since. beat teenager Leylah Fernandez in the finals of September.
She looked different in her comeback with Elena Rybakina on January 11, losing in consecutive sets and winning just one.
The draw for the Australian Open has been made and Raducanu will face Sloane Stephens of America in the first round.
The 2017 US Open champion reached the semi-finals of this tournament in 2013 and will pose a tough test for Brit No1.
Their match will take place on Tuesday, January 18 with a start time undecided.
What TV channel and live stream can I watch?
- The Australian Open will be broadcast on Eurosport 1 and 2 during the UK tournament.
- Everything will be done in the early hours of Monday, January 17.
- You can find Eurosport 1 on Sky 410, BT 435 and Virgin 521.
- To stream it live you can watch it on Eurosport Player or on Discovery+.
- You can register streaming-only service for £6.99/month.
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/8215399/emma-raducanu-playing-next-australian-open-sloane-stephens/ When does Emma Raducanu compete next at the Australian Open?