GAMING communities around the world are excited for the new addition to the Assassin’s Creed’s franchise.
Creator Ubisoft calls it “a powerful coming-of-age story”.
Where is Assassin’s Creed Mirage set?
The Assassin’s Creed video game series is known for its open world environment.
The franchise was launched in 2007 and settled in different locations.
From Ancient Egypt to Classical Greece to Victorian London, it was a great way to explore history in different locations around the world.
And the new 2023 game, Mirage, is moving to the Middle East, with Baghdad as the capital for players to explore.
This one will also delve into the story set in the golden age of Baghdad in 861.
The city offers players four districts, including industrial Karkh and the lush gardens of the Round City.
Who is the main character in Assassin’s Creed Mirage?
Two characters have been revealed so far, with Basim Ibn Ishaq as the main protagonist.
Basim was first introduced in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla which was released in 2020.
His story is that he grew up a thief on the streets of Baghdad.
Basim lost his mother when he was very young and now dreams of joining the Hidden Ones.
In the game, The Hidden Ones is a secret global peace organization dedicated to protecting humanity from abuse of power.
A new character will be Roshan, a woman of Persian descent and strong personality.
She is a member of The Hidden Ones, as the Master Assassin, and takes Basim under her wing as an apprentice.
Where did the other Assassin’s Creeds play?
The Assassin’s Creed’s franchise has been set in many locations around the world.
The game is open world and free roam, allowing players to explore the environment while playing.
Characters can climb around the buildings or jump over roofs.
Previous games in the Assassin’s Creed franchise have been used in:
- Assassin’s Creed – The Holy Land – The first game in the series is set during the Third Crusade in the Holy Land (present-day Israel, Palestine and Syria). The game introduces us to Altair Mir and is set in the year 1191.
- Assassin’s Creed: Altaïr’s Chronicles – The Holy Land – A mobile game released as a prequel to Assassin’s Creed.
- Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines – Cyprus – A PSP exclusive that continues to follow Altair is set in Cyprus.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 – Italy – Set in Renaissance Italy in the late 15th and early 16th centuries, here we meet the assassin Ezio Euditore da Firenze.
- Assassin’s Creed: Discovery – Italy – This game, set in Creed II, was released for iOS and Nintendo DS. Ezio is on a journey to free other Assassins from the Spanish Inquisition.
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – Italy – This is a sequel to Assassin’s Creed II and continues to follow Ezio.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – Syria & Constantinople – The story of Altair continues in Masyaf (Syria) in the 12th and 13th centuries, while that of Ezio takes place in Constantinople in the 16th century.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 – America – Set in Boston, New York and the American frontier, the game is set before, during and after the American Revolution of 1754-1783. It features Haytham Kenway and Ratonhnhaké:ton.
- Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation – America – Set in New Orleans towards the end of the French and Indian War of 1765-1777. It also features Assassin’s Creed’s first female protagonist, Aveline de Grandpré.
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Caribbean Ocean – It introduces us to a tropical setting and the golden age of piracy in the 18th century Caribbean. It introduces us to Captain Alonzo Batilla.
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Pirates – Caribbean Ocean – This is a mobile game version of Black Flag.
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue – North Atlantic – Shay Patrick Cormac is the Templar-turned-assassin in this game set in the mid-18th century during the Seven Years’ War. It is primarily set in New York, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
- Assassin’s Creed Unity – France – Takes part in the French Revolution 1789-1794 and introduces us to Arno Victor Dorian.
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles – China – Shao Jun is the female protagonist in this game set in China in 1526.
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – England – Set in Victorian London, follow twin assassins Jacob and Evie Frye.
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India– This one is set in India in 1841 and revolves around Arbaaz Mir.
- Assassin’s Creed Identity – Italy – a mobile game set during the Italian Renaissance.
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles – Russia – Set in Russia in 1918, shortly after the October Revolution, with assassin Nikolai Orelov.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – Egypt– Takes place in ancient Egypt towards the end of the Ptolemaic period, from 49-43 BC.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Greece – Set in ancient Greece from 431-422 BC during the Peloponnesian War with Alexios and Kassandra.
- Assassin’s Creed Rebellion Setting – Spain – Featuring well-known assassins including Ezio and Shao Jun, this takes place during the Spanish Inquisition.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – United Kingdom – Takes place during the Viking invasion of Britain around 873 AD.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids – Ireland – This downloadable (DLC) game travels to Ireland and features Gaelic myths and folklore.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris – France – A second DLC game leads to the French capital.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök – Mythical Norse world – This is the first adventure of Assassin’s Creed in a mythical world.
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage – Baghdad – This game, set in Baghdad in the 9th century, will be released in Spring 2023.
- Assassin’s Creed Codename Red – Japan – Finally on its way to Japan, Codename Red has no release date yet.
- Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade – China – This new mobile title has no release date yet but is rumored to feature the Great Wall of China.
- Assassin’s Creed witch – The setting for Hexe is yet to be announced, but the word Hexe is Hexe in German.
Assassin’s Creed Infinity is in the pipeline, but this is a social hub.
AC Netflix and AC Invictus were also announced.
The Assassin’s Creed and Netflix crossover is a mobile game exclusive to the subscription service, while Invictus will be a standalone game available through Assassin’s Creed Infinity.
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9792845/assassins-creed-mirage-setting/ Where is Assassin’s Creed Mirage set?