Wildfire in Littlehampton ’caused by disposable BBQ’

blank

FIREFIGHTERS from across the county have been called out to tackle a wildfire believed to have been caused by a disposable barbecue.

Fire engines and specialist equipment from Chichester were dispatched to the incident near Bridge Road roundabout in Littlehampton at around 3:20pm yesterday, July 28.

Two acres of heathland were ablaze, and smoke rose from the fire.

Firefighters used hose reels, backpack sprayers and an ultra-high pressure fogger to put out the fire.

A spokeswoman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue said the fire was started by accidental ignition, believed to have been caused by disposable barbecues.

She said: “Due to the prolonged drought we are currently experiencing we would urge the public to avoid crickets in grassland areas.

READ MORE: Firefighters have been called to tackle the blazes in Littlehampton and Seaford

“The Met Office’s Fire Severity Index shows the risk of wildfires is very high in West Sussex this weekend.

“As such, it is extremely important that residents and visitors to the county take extra care not to accidentally start a wildfire.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20587437.littlehampton-wildfire-caused-disposable-barbecue/?ref=rss Wildfire in Littlehampton ’caused by disposable BBQ’

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button