News

Woman’s face unrecognizable after seafood allergic reaction, triggering emergency room – World News

Amanda Nicandio, 22, went viral on social media after eating shrimp at a bar on Copacabana Beach on a trip to Rio de Janeiro

Amanda Souza Oliveira Nicandio with puffy face
Amanda Nicandio ate shrimp in a bar on Copacabana Beach on a trip to Rio de Janeiro and suffered the allergic reaction

Shocking before-and-after pictures show a woman’s face puffed up after she had a severe allergic reaction to seafood.

Amanda Nicandio, 22, went viral on social media – her video garnered 5.5million views – after sharing pictures of her unrecognizable face following the ordeal.

The student from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, said she ate shrimp in a bar on Copacabana Beach on a trip to Rio de Janeiro and suffered the allergic reaction.

An employee at the bar where she ate the seafood advised her to go to the emergency room, where she spent the night.

Amanda said she’s afraid her face won’t be the way it was before.






She was treated and vaccinated and discharged with her face still swollen






Amanda went viral on social media after sharing pictures of her unrecognizable face following the ordeal
(

Picture:

short message)

But she was on medication and was also vaccinated before being told she could leave the hospital, although her face was still swollen.

She said at the time that “everyone thought I’d been hit” and spent the rest of her trip in sunglasses to try to hide the reaction.

The event took place in late 2021, but Amanda only took to social media to post about it on May 25 this year, and the images quickly garnered millions of views.







Amanda said her story could serve as a warning to seafood lovers to be aware of the risks
(

Picture:

@amandanicandio/Newsflash)

The pictures show how Amanda’s face was so swollen after the allergic reaction that she couldn’t even open her left eye.

After the pictures made the rounds, Amanda said: “I had eaten shrimp before and nothing had ever happened — until this day.

“The doctors could not clearly explain what had happened. They just said it was the shrimp and that was it.”







The pictures show how Amanda’s face was so swollen after the allergic reaction that she couldn’t even open her left eye
(

Picture:

@amandanicandio/Newsflash)







Amanda did her own research and found that shrimp have a substance “that you can eat 500 times,” and they’re fine, but they react badly to it at every opportunity
(

Picture:

@amandanicandio/Newsflash)

But Amanda did her own research and found that shrimp have a substance “you can eat 500 times,” and they’re fine, but they react badly to it at every opportunity.

She clarified, “The shrimp I ate weren’t bad, they were super delicious.” But she added, “I don’t plan on eating them anymore because it was a really bad experience.”

She told Newsflash, “These days I avoid all seafood — not just shrimp — because I’m afraid I’ll go through a similar situation again.”

Speaking of her viral fame, she said, “I never thought this could go viral like this.”

She added that her story could serve as a warning to seafood lovers to be aware of the risks, explaining, “It could happen to anyone.”

Luckily, Amanda’s face made a full recovery.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/womans-face-left-unrecognisable-after-27339724 Woman's face unrecognizable after seafood allergic reaction, triggering emergency room - World News

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button